Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry Website

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry Website

    <center>ANNOUNCEMENT ** ANNOUNCEMENT ** ANNOUNCEMENT ** ANNOUNCEMENT </center>
    Date: August 27, 2008
    Subject: Studebaker Skytop Registry Website

    On August 27th, The Studebaker Skytop Registry website was opened to the public at its new home:

    <center>www.studebakerskytop.com</center>

    The new website is a significant improvement over the original temporary website, including:webmaster@studebakerskytop.com

    <center>Visit now at www.studebakerskytop.com !!!</center>

    Thanks, Paul

    Paul Warta
    Kernersville NC
    Visit the NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry at www.studebakerskytop.com
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

  • #2
    Thanks Paul for all the work you've put into this site. Efforts like this are largely unsung, but the reward will come in the long run as a result of having great documentation in another corner of our obsession.

    55 Commander
    58 Transtar
    62 GT Hawk
    66 Cruiser

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks great!

      Mark Anderson
      Member SDC and FMCA
      Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
      www.65cruiser.com


      Comment


      • #4
        Good work!

        1947 Studebaker M-5
        1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
        1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
        1947 Studebaker M-5
        1946 Studebaker M-5
        1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
        1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
        1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

        Comment


        • #5
          Good looking website. Nice work, Paul.

          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

          Comment


          • #6
            Is the "TV production" car mentioned on the site the blue "Mr. Ed" car seen in the photo?

            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

            Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

            Washington State

            Comment


            • #7
              quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

              Is the "TV production" car mentioned on the site the blue "Mr. Ed" car seen in the photo?

              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

              Washington State
              Good question!! I don't know. I'll try to get ahold of the owner and see if he has more info.

              Paul
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Paul - Thank you for the time and effort that you put into this important work.
                From someone that likes Skytops and has owned two.

                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

                SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

                SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey Paul, great site! Just got in and saw this; I've been looking forward to it[^] Haven't had a chance to look it over much yet, but mine show the wrong colors- the 2 door is white, the 4 door is silver; the rest looks great!

                  I'm looking forward to looking it over better- and adding a story or two.

                  As a Lark fanatic, and especially a Skytop lover, thank you for this great effort, and great site![^]

                  Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

                  "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

                  "Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    quote:Originally posted by bams50

                    Hey Paul, great site! Just got in and saw this; I've been looking forward to it[^] Haven't had a chance to look it over much yet, but mine show the wrong colors- the 2 door is white, the 4 door is silver; the rest looks great!

                    I'm looking forward to looking it over better- and adding a story or two.

                    As a Lark fanatic, and especially a Skytop lover, thank you for this great effort, and great site![^]

                    Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

                    "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

                    "Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"
                    Thanks for the kind words Bob!

                    The colors on the Registry listing are the Skytop fabric colors, white or black.

                    I am definitely counting on a good Skytop Story or two from you &lt;G&gt;.


                    Paul
                    Winston-Salem, NC
                    Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                    Paul
                    Winston-Salem, NC
                    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, there'll be at least a couple stories for you, Paul! As I work through the restoration of mine I'll also share my experience, seeing that I have yet to find anyone who has actually restored the top

                      One thought- I have good eyesight, but even I squint at that sidebar, with the blue type on the red background... maybe consider changing that red?

                      Not a big deal, just a suggestion

                      Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

                      "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

                      "Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh yeah, forgot... I'm on the trail of another long-forgotten Skytop here in NY state... you can bet if I have any success I'll let everyone know[]

                        Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

                        "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

                        "Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          quote:Originally posted by bams50

                          Yeah, there'll be at least a couple stories for you, Paul! As I work through the restoration of mine I'll also share my experience, seeing that I have yet to find anyone who has actually restored the top

                          One thought- I have good eyesight, but even I squint at that sidebar, with the blue type on the red background... maybe consider changing that red?

                          Not a big deal, just a suggestion

                          Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

                          "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

                          "Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"
                          Ok, Bob.....I also got the same comment on the navigation bar from Ray F. I have reworked the bar fonts and changed the color on the For Sale/Wanted Page. Go here: http://www.studebakerskytop.com/forsale.html
                          and see if that is any better. I am not crazy about the color, so I will work on that more.

                          On this same page, I have also changed the settings so the page should adjust to whatever screen resolution your computer is set at. I have a wide monitor and use a somewhat high resolution (1152x864) so the pages always fit my screen. Ray F. uses a 1024 screen width resolution, and he had to scroll back and forth some. So at his advice, I have changed the settings.

                          Let me know what you think.

                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Looks much better, Paul, but I'm on my iPhone right now. I'll check it on my computer late tonight.

                            Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

                            "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

                            "Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Paul,
                              Always had a soft spot for the Skytops. In your Website photo gallery is a submission by Richard Quinn of a attractive model standing through the Skytop of a '61 Lark which Dick sent from the November 1961 Studebaker News. In the June issue of the that year is the same shot of the car & model in black & white on the front cover but as a full length view of the car if you can manage to find a copy. It looks great. To the best of my knowledge no Skytops have made it to Australia. Congratulations on the Website.


                              "QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                              MELBOURNE.

                              \"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                              MELBOURNE.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X