Hub cap found in Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub cap found in Omaha

Last night I was at a cruise night and a guy came up to me and said he had found a Studebaker hubcap. Than he proceeded to tell me he had found it here on 60th street in central Omaha the week of the National meet here 2 years ago. He would like to see the rightfull owner get it back if possible. I know this is a long shot, but if anybody out there remembers someone mentioning they had lost one that week of the meet, have them get a hold of me and if they can describe it I will be more than happy to send it to them. It has suffered a few dings most likely due to it rolling down the street but they are mostly scratches. Again I know it is a long shot after 2 years and this particular hubcap is available as a reproduction, but I told the guy I would try. Thanks
    Edit: Almost forgot,it is a prewar hubcap.
    Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

its a long shot but if its for a 36 and no one claims it i would
    be interested

thanks mike

Comment

No its not a 36. The guy wants it back if the rightful owner does not show.

quote:Originally posted by doughboywoodmike

its a long shot but if its for a 36 and no one claims it i would
      be interested

thanks mike

Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

How would he know who the rightful owner is? If he did they'd already have it back.

John Clements
        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
        Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

"if anybody out there remembers someone mentioning they had lost one that week of the meet, have them get a hold of me and if they can describe it I will be more than happy to send it to them."

John- to me this indicates that the rightful owner DOESN'T have it back- but they're still the righful owner... so I don't get your question...?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Last night I was at a cruise night and a guy came up to me and said he had found a Studebaker hubcap. Than he proceeded to tell me he had found it here on 60th street in central Omaha the week of the National meet here 2 years ago. He would like to see the rightfull owner get it back if possible. I know this is a long shot, but if anybody out there remembers someone mentioning they had lost one that week of the meet,
            Maybe Art and Richard can make mention of it in Turning Wheels and Antique Studebaker Review to get the word out further.

Craig

Comment

We will be departing here today to attend the North Central zone meet but will check back in here on Monday to see if the owner has surfaced.

Frank van Doorn
              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
              1963 Daytona Conv
              1941 Champion R-2 Rod
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Bob, I think what I meant was that anyone could claim it, the guy who found it is surely not going to go to their house and confirm that it was definitely from their car.

John Clements
                Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
                Lockleys South Australia
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                X