Need some R2 Lark parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some R2 Lark parts

A friend of mine is in need of some parts for his '63 Daytona HT. It's an early non-package R2 Lark, and he wants to 'upgrade' it using only factory parts.

Factory traction and sway bars for the rear, not aftermarket ones. He wants ones from a Lark. Blue interior rear quarter panels in perfect condition. (Or any NOS rear panels, he can die to match). A mechanics slip yoke for a four speed T 10 trans, one that has the keepers inside the yoke instead of the outside of the u joint cups. And also a tach wiring harness complete. NOS is preferred.

Cost isn't a big factor, it's just finding the parts he needs. If anyone has any of this, or leads on them, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

How are the traction bar sets SI sells different from factory ones? How would anyone know the difference even if they did look under the car?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I don't know exactly what the difference is, but the originals are different from the ones that vendors sell.

It's not really about how they perform, it's more about keeping the car as close to 'original' as he can, using factory parts.

As a side note, his dad bought the car in 1965, and he did a ground up restoration on it for him.

Here's the owner and another Stude Nut changing the valve covers for the South Bend Concours last year... At midnight under a street lamp.

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matthew here is a tip for you. The rear sway bar and traction bars are the same on the packaged Lark as on a 58 Packard Sedan. Now you just need to find a parts car. Only on the sedans were they standard. They were options for the rest of the 58 Packards including the wagons. Odd as it seems.

I remember looking that car over very well in South Bend. If I remember right it wasn't matching numbers. Had the JT engine put in a different hardtop. The car looked extremely nice for a clone.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
        58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
        58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
        62 Daytona (White)
        63 R2 Lark (Super Red)
        57 Packard Wagon parts car
        57 Packard sedan parts car
        58 Packard 2 dr hdtp parts car

Comment

Those are the most beautiful hood latch parts I've ever seen.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
          '63 F2/Lark Standard
          http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
          www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

And '53-'54 Land Cruisers, '55 President State Sedans, & '56-'58 President Classics. Only these "Y" body long wheelbase Sedans have them.

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

Matthew here is a tip for you. The rear sway bar and traction bars are the same on the packaged Lark as on a 58 Packard Sedan. Now you just need to find a parts car. Only on the sedans were they standard. They were options for the rest of the 58 Packards including the wagons. Odd as it seems.

I agree with this, and the models that Rich posted, as far as a rear sway bar. I do not know of any of these models coming standard with traction bars.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I think Dave Thibeault cuts, lengthens and bends Avanti/Hawk type bars to duplicate the Lark type. Call him and ask. The factory did the same thing for the prototype Super Larks.

Comment

for the slip yoke, I had a driveshaft custom made for my car and asked for a "16 spline powerglide" slip yoke, it is a mechanic's style T-10 Stude slip yoke as well, but about 1" shorter than the factory part. I didn't use it because the guy made the shaft with the regular Spicer U-joints and I still had a Stude Spicer yoke, so I just swapped my old yoke on so I could a) use standard U-joints and b) have that little more depth into the tail of the trans, just in case.

It's sitting on the shelf in JDP's garage, might want to see how bad he wants to hold on to it...

nate

--
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Working...
                  X