3 different M Series fenders to ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 different M Series fenders to ID

I have some NOS M Series fenders to identify. Each of the three are slightly different. The first picture shows a slight wedge at the lower rear end (part number 649143). The second picture shows a couple inch band attached to the inside edge all the way around (part number 648937). The third doesn't have any wedge piece or band but appears that the fender has a smaller wheel opening (don't know part number).

Can someone please help me figure out what models and years these fit?

Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by studefan
    Can someone please help me figure out what models and years these fit?
    A M series fender will fit any of the appropriate size trucks built from the 1941 to 1948 model years.

This appears to be a rear fender for a M15 or M15-A (648936 right, 648937 left) with a 120" wheelbase, 20" tires and a pickup box due to the spacer. There is one spacer per side (652338 for the right, 652338 for the left).

This front fender is for the M15, M15-A (with 20" wheels) and the M16 and M17 models. The part numbers are either 649142 (right) or 649143 (left) before M16-7843 with 8.25 tires and M16-11524 with 7.00 or 7.50 tires and 648936 (right) and 648937 (left) after the above serial numbers. The 2" extension provided clearance for the wider tires on the heavier trucks and you will notice the cut out is larger also. These would also be used on the rear of M15 and M15-A trucks with the 120" wheelbase and pickup box as noted above.

This is for a M5 pickup as it has the small fender opening. There are only 2 different fenders on this truck as the front ones are also used on the rear (648702 for the right and 648703 for the left).

Hope this helps.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Great information. Thanks.

Only question I still have is that the fender in the top picture has 649143 on it (I have a couple marked this way so it must be correct). Your number is different. Can you please clarify what the top fender fits?

Thanks again for the information.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studefan
        Only question I still have is that the fender in the top picture has 649143 on it (I have a couple marked this way so it must be correct). Your number is different. Can you please clarify what the top fender fits?
        Note my post above regarding the middle picture, 649143 is a left front fender used before serial numbers M16-7843 (with 8.25 tires) and M16-11524 (with 7.00 or 7.50 tires).

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
        X