Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this one of those $$$$$ hubcaps?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTA...spagenameZWDVW

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

That's the very late wire type. Takes special clips to hold it to the wheel. Should be worth some money!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That's a cleaned up version of these..my friend wants $80 a piece. I hope he cleaned them up after I found these and took this picture. He will be in Lancaster.

[img][/img]

Comment

While we're on the subject, I was trying to figure out what a part is for for a friend of mine.
        I was thinking that it might be the special clip that holds those wheel covers on.
        One had a tag with a part number on it
        # 1565915

If it is I'll pass the information on to them.
        Thanks!
        John V.

Comment

John, you've certainly got me wondering. That part number is later than the parts books that I have...up to 1964.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

John, you've certainly got me wondering. That part number is later than the parts books that I have...up to 1964.
            yeah, I have a 65 and a 66 book and it's not in there either[?]

Comment

It has to be peculiar to Avanti then! [^] It is a very late number.

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

There's a good clue. South Bend or later versions? Were part numbers issued like that after December 1963 for those Avanti parts? Did the Avanti II cars retain Studebaker Corp-type part numbers that followed that order?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona

While we're on the subject, I was trying to figure out what a part is for for a friend of mine.
                  I was thinking that it might be the special clip that holds those wheel covers on.
                  One had a tag with a part number on it
                  # 1565915
                  That is the clip for the wire wheel covers. I could never find a part number for them even though the cover is listed in the parts books as AC3521. Even the NOS ones I bought (still in the original boxes) didn't have them. I finally got several from Chuck Naugle and I found reproduction ones form a Ford supplier. The pix below show both the Studebaker and Ford clips (the flimsy ones). Sorry about the quality- had a cheap camera then).

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                  '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                  '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                  Museum R-4 engine
                  1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                  1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Thanks Paul. One of those rare as heck parts that you find in a box and not sure if it's a Stude part or not. Wish I knew that when I went through all of those parts and wheel covers early this summer. Hey, at least we know the part number if was correctly written on that tag back in time.

Comment

yeah, Thanks Paul!
                      there might have been a dozen in a bag.
                      An old sasco book from 1968 lists them for 30 cents each!
                      I'll pass the info on to my friend, they had a set of covers but sold them a while back.
                      John V.

Comment

this is all I have of one of the wire wheel covers. Someone attached it to a generic wheel cover, probably couldn't get it to stay on! too bad they had to drill holes in it

John V.

Comment

I ordered the clips from SASCO about a year ago.

JDP/Maryland
                          "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                          Thomas Jefferson
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

Two questions, JP. How the heck do those attach and how do you get them off!?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VINTA...spagenameZWDVW

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

oh that one sold too cheap! I forgot to bid, oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X