Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan
    replied
    That only applies to bushes. You can read it more than one way.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    Dont underestimate yourself Ernie. Looks to be a well done conversion. Your son's work on the driveshaft should be commended. Like they say, "the nut doesnt fall far from the tree".

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Leave a comment:

• bige
    replied
    My cars are never that pretty. I drive it whenever I can and while I'll spend hours tracing down the most minor mechanical foible I have to force myself to clean them.

My son the shaft builder usually shames me into it or does it for me

I'm like the Oscar Madison of the old car hobby

ErnieR

quote:Originally posted by N8N

that's purdy. wish I'd known your son could build shafts last year when I had one custom made for my '55. How are you going to resist the temptation to polish that shaft?

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    that's purdy. wish I'd known your son could build shafts last year when I had one custom made for my '55. How are you going to resist the temptation to polish that shaft?

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• bige
    started a topic Take a look at my Shaft (driveshaft that is ) PICS

Take a look at my Shaft (driveshaft that is ) PICS

My son is building my aluminum driveshaft for the 700 R4 to 200 4R conversion.

He says it weighs 10.5 lbs, with yoke and u-joints.

I also spent a good part of the day un-doing what I had done to adapt a GM shifter for the 700R4. Before...

Had to cut a big hole to fit it in...now I had to shrink the hole so I made a sheet metal filler, should work just fine.

I acquired a shifter from an overdrive equipped Avanti II a couple of years ago anticipatig a change back to the original configuration. The arm is a little different than the Powershift shifter. Up top is the same except for the quadrant.

Anybody have a nice quadrant for an OD Avanti II?

Still hoping to be driving a Stude to Lancaster...

ErnieR

Working...
X