Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What body panels interchange with 53-54 C-K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if the larger rear valence wasn't a mid-year change. I've had a couple of relatively unmolested 53's that had the larger valence with cutout.

Steve Hudson
    The Dalles, Oregon
    1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
    1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
    1953 Champion Starliner (custom/rod project)
    1954 Champion Coupe (daily driver)
    1960 Hawk (future project?)

Steve Hudson
    The Dalles, Oregon
    1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
    1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
    1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

Nate,

Here you go....

Its not really a gravel pan or trim panel at all. Notice it does not stick below the bottom of the rear frame crossmember. I think its really just to hide and protect the wiring for the tail lights and the license plate lights.

Its held on with 3 bolts to the bottom rear flange on the frame member and then sticks up to form a tray for the wires. I can see why a lot of cars have been upgraded to the later style since it does look a little unfinished.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

will GT tail light shells fit a 56 C rear fender? I realize that the top of the fender trim strip is different, so will the trim and light fixture fit on a 56 hawk?
        are the GT shells side specific or interchangeable side to side
        Thanks

Comment

The Chassis Catalog indicates the flat gravel deflector was used on 1953 models 14G and 4H without any before or after serial number notes. Part#533578P. The curved deflector with cutout for exhaust was used in 1954 models 15G and 5H without any before or after serial number notes. Part#535135P.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by bekglm1 View Post
            will GT tail light shells fit a 56 C rear fender? I realize that the top of the fender trim strip is different, so will the trim and light fixture fit on a 56 hawk?
            are the GT shells side specific or interchangeable side to side
            Thanks
            You would have to build up the rear quarter panel of the 1956 to the contour of the 1962-1964 quarter panel.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X