gravel guards for 1950 Champiom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gravel guards for 1950 Champiom

I am hoping to find gravel guards to go on the front bottom of the rear fenders on my 1950 Champion. I would prefer metal but am interested in rubber too.

Jimmie

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
    I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana

Studebaker International (317-462-8891) lists them in their catalogue. They caught my eye because of the cavet of not having the rubber covering. I had to go out and look at my '52 to see what they were talking about.

You might try SASCO (800-722-4295) as well.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I just looked at the S.I.catalog on-line and didn't see the item. What page is it on?

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Are gravel guards interchangeable on 1947-52 cars, or does the shape of the fender "hip" vary from one year to the next? There were some 1949 gravel guards on eBay recently. I considered bidding on them, but wasn't sure whether they would fit.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
        Holdrege NE
        John
        1950 Champion
        W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
        Holdrege NE

Comment

The gravel guards WILL fit across the different years (of course they're different for 2-door or 4-door cars), but some of the metal one are ribbed and the later ones (50-on) aren't.

SI WAS going to make repros but the didn't. Too expensive I think. They DO have fender skirts, but no gravel guards. Funny that they couldn't at least make the black ones out of plastic like they have done for C-cab trucks.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

These were the biggest pain of all when fixing up my car. I could NOT find rubber ones. But that's not your issue. I couldn't keep from running into metal chrome ones on Ebay from 9.95 on up. A dime a dozen cuz they're metal and don't rot away. They are different for each model of each year, so you need to match your year and model. The fender length changes them, and whether it is 2 door or 4 door.

Keep looking on Ebay, call some smaller Stude vendors and have faith. You'll find them, they really are fairly common.

And thanks to the forum reader who had mine on his garage shelf!! I will always remember you.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I believe all of the metal ones are stainless steel so as you said they do not rot. I have always liked the rubber ones on my car, but I found the replacement set many years ago at on of the SDC International meets. Even back then people would ask me where I found them.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
              "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
              sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

I have 3 used stainless steel ones with what I consider light brush and gravel damage if interested. I think two are for the right side and one for the left. Remember they are not new or perfect but very restorable. I can send pictures if someone wants to see them.

Comment

I am interested in seeing pictures and hearing a price. Please send to: n9prz@hotmail.com

Thank you,
                  Jimmie

quote:Originally posted by jd-stude

I have 3 used stainless steel ones with what I consider light brush and gravel damage if interested. I think two are for the right side and one for the left. Remember they are not new or perfect but very restorable. I can send pictures if someone wants to see them.

I'VE SAVED SO MUCH DAYLIGHT THAT THERE'S NO DARK TO SLEEP IN ANYMORE!
                  sigpicJimmie
                  Orange County, Indiana

Comment

I'm interested if He doesn't take 'em

Barry'd in Studes
                    Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                    X