Collectible Automobile availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectible Automobile availability

I had earlier mentioned the fact that Collectible Automobile usually appears on newsstands well in advance of its cover date.

Today (August 18th), I bought the October 2008 cover date copy of the magazine at Barnes & Noble. I don't know how long it had been there. It is published bi-monthly, so the next cover date to appear will be December 2008.

The issue in which my High-Performance Studebakers article is scheduled to appear is the February 2009 issue...and, of course, there will be no issues dated November 2008 or January 2009, being a bi-monthly. Based on this October issue being available today, there's every possibility that the February 2009 issue will be on newsstands before Christmas. 'Helluva stocking stuffer, fellas...and gals!

BTW, I today sent in the completed article: High-Performance Studebakers of the 50s and 60s, so it's in their hands now. Article was reviewed and approved by Dick Quinn, George Krem, and Nelson Bove, so I think this will be a good primer for "newbies" wanting to know the basics of hi-po Studes from Speedsters through R3 1964s.

Final word count was 2,740, so it's less than 10% over the 2,500 words contracted. Dick still thinks that's "not a problem." We're on a roll! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Bob,great news on the update. Figure I'll give you some funds at Lancaster so you can forward me a personally autographed copy when the issue becomes available.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
    MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Bob, If I get an early copy as a SUBSCRIBER will you autograph your article and return to me for my stocking? In all seriousness when it arrives if I do send it to do you will you sign it for me? This is a magazine that goes in the save pile for the future of the industry.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Sure, Jim and Don. Bob
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, forgot to ask. Did they allow you to send pictures along or are they going to dig them up? I'm sure between you, Richard, Bo b and Nelson you have a few they would use.

See you in the future as I write about our past
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Bob, forgot to ask. Did they allow you to send pictures along or are they going to dig them up? I'm sure between you, Richard, Bo b and Nelson you have a few they would use.

See you in the future as I write about our past
            My supplying pictures is not part of the contract, Don. They prefer to supply their own. They are working with Dick Quinn to secure some factory photos, and I may be asked for suggestions of owners to contact with nice, authentic cars. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Bob, was there room in the article for the production figures of the different models?

sals54
              sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Bob, was there room in the article for the production figures of the different models?

sals54
                Just a few, Sal. There was not enough room to break things down very far; I was supposedly limited to 2,500 words with a little wiggle room...well, I wiggled up to 2,740 words and had to pull the plug!

So I listed total production figures for Speedsters, each year of Golden Hawk, Packard Hawk, R3s, R4s, and all R1/R2 Jet-Thrust powered cars combined over the 1963-1964 model year run. But, no, there was no way we could list how many 1963 R2 Daytonas were built with 4-speeds, how many with Powershift, etc. I have all that data and we could include it, but it would have doubled the size of the article![:0] BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                  So I listed total production figures for Speedsters, each year of Golden Hawk, Packard Hawk, R3s, R4s, and all R1/R2 Jet-Thrust powered cars combined over the 1963-1964 model year run. But, no, there was no way we could list how many 1963 R2 Daytonas were built with 4-speeds, how many with Powershift, etc. I have all that data and we could include it, but it would have doubled the size of the article![:0] BP
                  Now that's where you can do your further breakdown for "SDC members only" in Turning Wheels as Richard Quinn did after his Speedster article in Neglectable Automobile!

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X