T-85 input shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-85 input shaft

just a heads up, every now and then I search eBay for OD stuff, check out item no. 250265810778 appears to be a Stude input shaft for a T-85

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

When I bought that bunch of NOS Stude parts a few years back, there were a few shafts in the stuff with no packaging and no numbers. I originally thought they might have been axles but realized they were too short. I have since assumed they were trans. input shafts.

Somedat I'll have to figure out what they fit and get them to someone who needs them. I just figured they wouldn't be in much demand.

Anybody need one or three?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

When I bought that bunch of NOS Stude parts a few years back, there were a few shafts in the stuff with no packaging and no numbers. I originally thought they might have been axles but realized they were too short. I have since assumed they were trans. input shafts.

Somedat I'll have to figure out what they fit and get them to someone who needs them. I just figured they wouldn't be in much demand.

Anybody need one or three?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Hi, Nate - that is the overdrive output shaft. This guy is a tranny shop and has been flogging this same part for months now. His price is high, because prolly no one else has this NOS part. The good news is the output shaft seldom fails and seldom wears.

Hi, Bob - close to impossible to mistake an input shaft for a Stude axle. The input shaft is less than a foot long and has a big gear on one end. Maybe you have some non-OD mainshafts?

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

Hi, Nate - that is the overdrive output shaft. This guy is a tranny shop and has been flogging this same part for months now. His price is high, because prolly no one else has this NOS part. The good news is the output shaft seldom fails and seldom wears.

Hi, Bob - close to impossible to mistake an input shaft for a Stude axle. The input shaft is less than a foot long and has a big gear on one end. Maybe you have some non-OD mainshafts?

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

Might be. I'll dig one out and post a picture.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

Might be. I'll dig one out and post a picture.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

UPDATE:

Jack, you were correct. I found two of those shafts; one had part of a box that said "58 Champion 6". The other had most of the box that said "Main Shaft 59-61 Six".

If anyone has use for 'em, I'll bring them to Lancaster for you, gratis.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

UPDATE:

Jack, you were correct. I found two of those shafts; one had part of a box that said "58 Champion 6". The other had most of the box that said "Main Shaft 59-61 Six".

If anyone has use for 'em, I'll bring them to Lancaster for you, gratis.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                  X