Studebaker International repiles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker International repiles...

Evening guys & gals.In another recent thread,I had made a reply to the posting in which I had stated I was a bit whizzed off @ SI for not sending a replacement catalog after I gave mine away to what would be a new customer for them. The issue was not something that has kept me up at night,but it was then a recent event, which came to mind after I read the post,so I posted about it. A few days later I was surprised to get a email from Mr Ed Reynolds addressing my concerns.
    I want to publicly say THANK YOU Mr Reynolds for your concern about my SI experience.
    I think it is really cool the guy took time to send me that email. I can not think of one other COMPANY that I have purchased something mail order from that would take the time to talk to me about what many would consider to a MINOR issue. The issue was not something that would have stopped me from doing business with them,but I do appreciate the interest in the customer that was shown.

Ed has given me stacks of slightly outdated catalogs to include with every car i sell. The new owner gets a kick start on parts, and Ed may get some new business.
    I've have asked many times over the years to be able to buy blocks of pre-paid SDC applications to include too with a car sale, but that and the selling of SDC memberships on ebay with a Buy it Now has still gone no where with the club.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Comment

One thing I've done for years is look for Turning Wheels back issues at swap meets, typically available for $1 each or even less. I then keep a supply with me and hand out at shows to people who own or have an interest in Studes, but don't know about the club. They're always amazed at the quality of the magazine and especially the wealth of parts sources. I've also included an issue with each of the Studes I've sold.

Steve Hudson
      The Dalles, Oregon
      1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
      1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
      1953 Champion Starliner (custom/rod project)
      1954 Champion Coupe (daily driver)
      1960 Hawk (future project?)

Steve Hudson
      The Dalles, Oregon
      1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
      1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
      1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

Gee... I thought the club had come out with 'gift memberships'. Or does one have to have all the information ahead of time? ie: a form being filled out with all the information?

That's a wonderful idea, John! However, if you just include a club application with the car's paperwork, most people will fill it out. Then you can send it in like you do the rest of the car's paperwork. Only, to the club instead of the state and loan company.

You know Steve, that's exactly what Pops did for me when I bought my wagon from him. It worked! Then again, there's I'm sure, people who wish it hadn't.[:I]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
        X