No announcement yet.

Finally Made the Big Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob; I hope you mentioned that you are a major contributor to this issue! [^]

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

I e-mailed them over a week ago and asked if I could buy a bulk lot of 25 or more copies to have available for Forum members far away from big newsstands. 'Haven't heard anything back, though.
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Congradulations, In my opinion ths puts you on the "BEST SELLER" list. That should sell out quick. I'm watin'

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Are you going to have a "book signing"? Or do we send you our copies.
        Congatulations

Comment

"BUY" 25 copies?? I would think they'd send you some gratis... maybe even without your asking. I've written for a couple different things, and I got sent a few copies from one. Also, Oswego Speedway had a book written about it celebrating their 50th anniversary; being Rookie of the Year in the Small Block Supermodifieds the year the book was written (1998), they put me in it. I had ordered one, but they sent me a free copy[^]

So, I'll be surprised if they actually charge you for a measly 25 copies... but maybe...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Congratulations, Bob!
            I'll stock a stack to send out to friends and family.

I'm already working on a complimentary "Letter to the Editor".

Andy
            62 GT
            Andy
            62 GT

Comment

Bob, I am eagerly awaiting the next issue. Congratulations!

Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Editor of "The Down Easterner"
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Being the cynical SOB that I am...
                I had a hard time getting past the only point that stuck with me....
                I admire your grit and determination.
                I could not do that for a week...
                Jeff[8D]

<snip>
                When I had the [thankfully benign] polyp removed from one vocal cord three weeks ago, the Dr. told me to talk as little as possible for a week. <snip>
                http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Congrats on the honor. Let us know when it hits the newstands....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Wonderful news Bob! Um, ahem... I've never heard of this publication,[:I] but um, then again, I really don't get into the 'show car' scene. Also, about the only magazine I read is Turning wheels, besides a few news rags.[8)] I'll check out the newstand at B&N in late December.

SOMEONE PLEASE REMIND ME! My mind is similar to a colander. Everything gets sieved through, little stays for any length of time.[:I][)]

By the by, the suggestion for a more in-depth version in the T.W. is a great idea! As long, of course, that it doesn't get you in trouble with copyrights and all...

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Congratulations Robert. Your a great credit to the Studebaker Drivers Club as well as to yourself personally.
                      Richard

Comment

Hey, this thread's taking off again pretty well for being a month old!

Sometimes a "bump" is really a good idea[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Retired

CONGRATULATIONS BOB! Your a credit to the SDC.
                          Richard

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Hey, this thread's taking off again pretty well for being a month old!

Sometimes a "bump" is really a good idea[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews
                            Bob: I bumped it up because the new December Collectible Automobile contained verification that the next issue would include the High-Performance Studebakers article. Although the publication cover date was in the contract I received, it had not been stated publicly before now...and you know how those things can go! It was nice to have the confirmation in print, so I posted it.

Regarding free copies: The contract calls for my receiving three (3) copies of the issue in which the article appears. This is an expensive magazine ($7.95 single-copy retail in The United States) because it is so slick and glossy, and slightly oversize when compared to similar mags on the rack. Too, there is far less advertising than most automotive magazines (although there is some), so they tend to pack a lot of real car articles between the covers; all glossy stock and all color photography.

Hence, I wouldn't expect to receive more than a few free copies. I considered payment for the article to be fair, and it was exactly what they offered their experienced writer, Dick Quinn. I was an unknown when they contacted me on Dick's recommendation, so I was pleased they offered me the same amount. What little feedback I've received from them since submitting the finished article has been positive; they seemed to like it.

Of course, I'm living in fear of what their editors might do to it...[}] At least the check cleared the bank.[^] BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

At least the check cleared the bank.[^] BP
                              Given the current financial issues, that is important.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                              Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Congrats again, Bob and thanks for the reminder that the issue is still ON. Can't wait. I had forgotten about it and actually thought it was in going to be in my CLASSIC CAR magazine subscription.
                                What I want to know is if you've seen the final edit yet and caught anything that may have been omitted, or added. Boy, you'll never hear the end of it if they changed something without your approval for an authentic point in there! You may have to see Patrick Foster for any help with a publisher/editor/proof reader vs. writer group therapy.

Comment

Working...
                                X