Finally Made the Big Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're the guy to do it!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob, That sounds like a dream come true. Perhaps write another article twice as long with all that research and submit it to TW for complete coverage of the topic.????

sals54
      sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

I have every issue of Collectible Automobile. I am looking forward to your article.
        Hi Gary-

Are there many issues on Studes? And, any idea which issues? I'd start looking for any I could find.

I do have a couple articles bought from eBay someone cut out of issues; but I'm always looking for more

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Collectible Automobile Magazine is a well known and great automobile magazine. They have published many great Studebaker articles over the years. In the last three years there ahs been at least one and sometimes two articles on Studebakers ranging from articles on Avantis to pickups. Bob you are entering the world of renown company with this article. Many note automobile authorities have written for the magazine including Pat Foster and others. I have read this magazine for several years and always look forward to receiving it because of the quality of the articles and the quantity of pictures they use. Bob I am proud to know that they recognize your knowledge and ability. Congratulations on this honor!!!!

As for a list of the issues that include Studebaker articles, it is numerous and the best way to get a handle on it is to look at their back issue order form which is very detailed. I will post one tomorrow if there is interest.

For those interested in purchasing the most recent copy, it is a staple in the Auto Magazine Section in your local Barnes and Noble Bookstore.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Now for the book, will look out for the magazine, probably out here early 2009.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Hi Bob

Congratulation on this long overdue recognition from a major general interest collector car publication. I not only look forward to reading the article as CA prints it but also encourage you to complete a much longer article(s) to run in TW.
              Since your research has found much more material than CA will include, it deserves a full and thorough treatment for the "hardcore" enthusiast.
              It will be nice to read a well-researched Studebaker article actually written and edited by an authors qualified to do so. Maybe Hemmings Classic Car will notice as well and be in touch. I like their magazine but their Studebaker articles definitely need editing by real Studebaker people.

Steve

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Bob, That sounds like a dream come true. Perhaps write another article twice as long with all that research and submit it to TW for complete coverage of the topic.????
                If you recall, Richard Quinn wrote an article on the '55 Speedsters in Collectible Automobile. He then wrote a more in-depth article on them for Turning Wheels which broke down production records even farther, etc. No doubt, Bob will do the same with the performance Studebakers.

Craig

Comment

CONGRADULATIONS BOB! Your a credit to the SDC.
                  Richard

Comment

Bob,

Let me add my sincere [u]Congratulations</u> on the great assignment! The hobby will benefit and hopefully you will as well
                    With your vast Studebaker knowledge and experience combined with a pleasant writing style and the humility to consult with other experts, this article will knock the socks off anything written to date on the subject. Hopefully, other publications will be paying attention and we will all be the benefactors of many future articles!

Pat

55 Commander
                    58 Transtar
                    62 GT Hawk
                    66 Cruiser

Comment

quite an honor, congrats. You'll be editor in chief before you know it.

Chop Stu
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Well done! I'll look forward to reading it.
                        I enjoy looking at Collectable Automobile and bough their first issue because of a major story on Avantis.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Nice going Bob. It doesn't surprise me that you got this assignment. And, by the way, Dick Quinn IS a class act.
                          Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

The December 2008 Collectible Automobile arrived in today's (October 10th) mail.
                            Inside the front cover, it says:

APPEARING IN OUR NEXT ISSUE

* 1959-1974 Ford Galaxie
                            * 1924-1926 Chrysler
                            * High-Performance Studebakers
                            And Much More!

So I'm sure we're still "on." This December issue was in the October 10th mail, so it will be on newsstands in a week or ten days. Two months hence, the next issue (February 2009; remember, it's bi-monthly) would be available on newsstands for single-copy sales a week or two before Christmas, as originally projected. Good stocking-stuffer, eh?

I e-mailed them over a week ago and asked if I could buy a bulk lot of 25 or more copies to have available for Forum members far away from big newsstands. 'Haven't heard anything back, though. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob,

if you have the opportunity, post a reminder when it hits your local newsstand, I'd like to get a copy.

nate

--
                              55 Commander Starlight
                              http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                              --
                              55 Commander Starlight
                              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

'Will do, Nate. Barnes & Noble is 6 miles away in a big shopping center, but only 2 miles down the road on which the car lot is located where I "front" my cars for sale, so I'm there often. BP
                                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                                X