Hilton Head delegance/dennis gage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton Head delegance/dennis gage

Just noticed that next weeks airing of My Classic Car at the Hilton Head concource de elegance had a nice deep maroon hawk on the intro clip for that show. Anyone here know the owner (probably 07's show) Couldn't find a photo of the car on the Hilton web page, just on Dennis's show.http://www.hhiconcours.com/index.php

Chop Stu
    61 Lark

sigpic

This ls last year's show as this year's is scheduled for the last week in October. I have been invited to show my 63 GT Hawk but don't think I'll make it this year. It is a really nice show. Here's the web link to the shows website:
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I don't know who's Hawk it was but I know Dennis Gage himself ownes a Maroon 63, I think it is, Gt Hawk. So it is possible it was his.

Frank van Doorn
      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Conv
      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I don't know who's Hawk it was but I know Dennis Gage himself ownes a Maroon 63, I think it is, Gt Hawk. So it is possible it was his.

Frank van Doorn
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1963 Daytona Conv
        1941 Champion R-2 Rod
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Dennis does have a Maroon GT Hawk either a 62 or 63 and does show it in most of the openigs of his show. You can always see it sitting in his garage when they show it. He has had it to SB before also.

Comment

Dennis does have a Maroon GT Hawk either a 62 or 63 and does show it in most of the openigs of his show. You can always see it sitting in his garage when they show it. He has had it to SB before also.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

Just noticed that next weeks airing of My Classic Car at the Hilton Head concource de elegance had a nice deep maroon hawk on the intro clip for that show. Anyone here know the owner (probably 07's show) Couldn't find a photo of the car on the Hilton web page, just on Dennis's show.http://www.hhiconcours.com/index.php

Chop Stu
              Kevin,was that Hawk a finned variety or GT ? If the finned type it is possibly the '58 Golden Hawk of Joe Parsons from Raleigh NC who has been having great success at recent Concours showings.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
              MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

Comment

Yes,I saw it to but didn't get a long look to tell if it was finned or not.But it 'shor was purdy'.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

That '58 Golden Hawk of Joe Parsons received "Best In Class" for "Outstanding Orphans."
                  View it here in the 2007 Winners' Gallery (Section 12): http://www.hhiconcours.com/index.php?page=gallery

I seem to recall a mention that this was the only '58 Golden Hawk painted that color. Gorgeous!

Andy
                  62 GT
                  Andy
                  62 GT

Comment

The 1958 Golden Hawk on My Classic Car Show of Dennis Gage belongs to me , Joe Parsons of Raleigh, NC. I showed my car last November at the Hilton Head Concours d'Elegance in the Orphan Class. There were 10 cars competing. I won the Best In Class award. The color is original factory color Shadowtone Red and with accent Jewel Biege top and fin insert. The hawk went through a 3 year off frame restoration in Pittsburgh, Pa 2000 to 2003. For additional photos and reading the this Hawk reference articles appearing in Turning Wheels pubications June 2006 and September 2007. As an AACA club member I have taken the Hawk to the various AACA events and have won the AACA Grand National Senior Award.
                    I just returned from the Meadowbrook Concours in Pontiac, MI but did not win in the class of 15 cars 1939 to 1960. Convertibles were the winners for this show. In October I have been invited to show the Hawk at the Louisville, Concours d'Elegance at the historic Churchill Downs Race Track in Louisville, KY.
                    To contact me use my email joebetsy@nc.rr.com.
                    Regards, Joe Parsons

Joe Parsons
                    Editor , Toy Studebaker Collectors Club Newsletter

Joe Parsons

Comment

Thank you for responding personally Joe, nice car. Ive yet to see the show entirely but it is on the TiVo.
                      Good luck in Louisville.

Chop Stu
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X