Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there still a swapmeet in Reedsville, PA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there still a swapmeet in Reedsville, PA?

Maybe 5 years, or so, ago, there was an all Studebaker swapmeet in Reedsville, PA. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is still being held, and if so, when the next one will be.

I see that there is an SDC meeting in Lancaster PA in September. Is this a swapmeet also? Could this be where the Reedsville event was moved to?

Reedsville is in Reedsville in the fall, but the York show in March is bigger. There is always a swap meet at the International meet.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Comment

According to Turning Wheels, the Reedsville swap meet will be November 7-8.

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I love the drive to Reedsville, through some beautiful country. It seems like there's more parts at Reedsville than York, but it's probably due to the smaller venue. I enjoy the meet, and the stop at Max Corkins' shop. If you can make it, I recommend it[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

I love the drive to Reedsville, through some beautiful country. It seems like there's more parts at Reedsville than York, but it's probably due to the smaller venue. I enjoy the meet, and the stop at Max Corkins' shop. If you can make it, I recommend it[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

quote:I love the drive to Reedsville, through some beautiful country. It seems like there's more parts at Reedsville than York, but it's probably due to the smaller venue. I enjoy the meet, and the stop at Max Corkins' shop. If you can make it, I recommend it
            Sometimes the weather doesn't let you see the scenery. This was 2006

But when the fog lets up it is a beautiful drive.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:I love the drive to Reedsville, through some beautiful country. It seems like there's more parts at Reedsville than York, but it's probably due to the smaller venue. I enjoy the meet, and the stop at Max Corkins' shop. If you can make it, I recommend it
              Sometimes the weather doesn't let you see the scenery. This was 2006

But when the fog lets up it is a beautiful drive.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks for the info. I ask because I am less than 2 hours from Reedsville and would like to go.

I cant understand why they have it so late in the year, however. Many times, there is a lot of snow on the ground in November, and it is usually quite cold.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I ask because I am less than 2 hours from Reedsville and would like to go.

I cant understand why they have it so late in the year, however. Many times, there is a lot of snow on the ground in November, and it is usually quite cold.

Comment

Ah, yes Reedsville '06 was a classic year. Froze our lug nuts off. Finally met all the wrong coast Studesters. Definitely go.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                    PackardV8

Comment

Ah, yes Reedsville '06 was a classic year. Froze our lug nuts off. Finally met all the wrong coast Studesters. Definitely go.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                      PackardV8

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

There is always a swap meet at the International meet.
                        Yeah, but I doubt any non-professional venders will be there due to the State of PA's tax reporting policies.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

There is always a swap meet at the International meet.
                          Yeah, but I doubt any non-professional venders will be there due to the State of PA's tax reporting policies.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jeryst

Maybe 5 years, or so, ago, there was an all Studebaker swapmeet in Reedsville, PA. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is still being held, and if so, when the next one will be.

I see that there is an SDC meeting in Lancaster PA in September. Is this a swapmeet also? Could this be where the Reedsville event was moved to?
                            It sounds like you need to join the Studebaker Drivers Club. You can do it from this site. It will only be $19.95 for the first year which will include 12 publications that will include, among other things, the calendar of events which includes a lot of Pennsylvania items.

Others mentioned Reedsville, York and the SDC International Convention in Lancaster, so I will not reiterate any details.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well, both Reedsville and York are in Pa, and we have plenty of vendors, small and large.

JDP/Maryland
                              "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                              Thomas Jefferson
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X