• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has this one been discussed?

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/cto/785365957.html
    Mono mind in a stereo world

No.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

Boy, that's the combo for '61: A Flamingo 4-speed! I'd sure want to poke on it in person, though; the 219 area code is northwest Indiana, the "rustiest" area code in the state, IMHO.[:0][V] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

That looks like a nice car for someone that wants to restore a '61 Hawk. With factory Flamingo and four speed, I believe that it will be more desirable and therefore worth more when finished than most '61 Hawks.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

That looks like a nice car for someone that wants to restore a '61 Hawk. With factory Flamingo and four speed, I believe that it will be more desirable and therefore worth more when finished than most '61 Hawks.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

BP,

Is that hugh hole in the floor the factory cut out for the four speed or done by some one that had a measuring issue?

Wayne

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wpsrea

BP,

Is that hugh hole in the floor the factory cut out for the four speed or done by some one that had a measuring issue?

Wayne
              That looks like the factory hole. There is a fiberglass 'cover' that screws over the hole, and the shifter boot & retainer attach to it.

Paul
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Thanks for the update, Paul.

Comment

Working...
                X