No announcement yet.

57 GH in AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly bizarre equipment, Gary. Wonder if it had been ordered like that?

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I assume that it was an ordered car. It was built that way (not later modifications). I couldn't imagine Studebaker building it that way for stock or show. The car was originally black. The guy that I sold it to, after nine years, changed it to white. I think that the original owner didn't want anything to rob any of that 275 HP and didn't want extra weight on the front end.

This reminds me of selling new Chryslers. We got one 300M with the special heavy duty suspension/handling package. I thought that it was a real bear to drive in town. We sold it to a body builder that didn't mind it at all. I had a small guy in his 70s come in and wanted that package. I did all that I could to talk him out of it. He said that he was going to turn me in to Chrysler for not taking his order for what he wanted. He stormed out (probably went to another dealer that would take his money no matter what). The guy was probably used to ordering heavy duty components in the '50s-'60s (I did then also.). This package was nothing like that. I drove a couple of others, but we never got another one for stock. I guess that I didn't believe that the customer always knew best. I had many other customers thank me, send me cards, send letters to the owner, etc. and I had a 100 CSI on sold units (so I guess that I was doing something right). Sorry for going off on a tangent, again <G>.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I looked at the car today. Guys it is rough. He wants $7500 and was insulted when someone offered around $4000. Top is crushed, interior totaly shot, rust, not sure if it is original engine, no blower set up. Probably $25-30K would make a driver. Needs a body and heart transplant. I have pictures I can send off line
          Denny L

Comment

Another as we use to call wild goose chase.but if you do not look ,you will never know.My 57 g.h. was found 300 miles away had been looking for 20 years for one.beutifull rust free car all parts there original motor needed paint every option for g.hawk on car .flight o matic,p.s.p.b. power windows front only.tinted glass.twin traction.7.10 15 whites.plus 9 other factory options.4500 in 96.

gh

Comment

Working...
            X