Studebaker quilts raffle at Lancaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker quilts raffle at Lancaster

Much effort has been put in to three quilts and a cross-stitch to be raffled at Lancaster.

Here's a link to the KRC web site with more details.
    http://www.sdckeystoneregion.com/index-2.html#quilt

There's also info on the Avanti II York Raffle Car.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

That is a beautiful quilt. I bet that it brings a very good price. Well done!

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

As the heading says, this is a raffle, not an auction. With enough ticket sales, they will raise a good amount of money.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

As the heading says, this is a raffle, not an auction. With enough ticket sales, they will raise a good amount of money.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

You're right, I was thinking of the auction that is held at the International meets. I skimmed the text without reading it carefully. It will sell lots of tickets. I might even buy some.

sigpic

Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

You're right, I was thinking of the auction that is held at the International meets. I skimmed the text without reading it carefully. It will sell lots of tickets. I might even buy some.

sigpic

Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

What a nice quilt. Those stitched portraits are really wonderful. I'll definitely be buying some of those tickets.

Andy
              62 GT
              Andy
              62 GT

Comment

What a nice quilt. Those stitched portraits are really wonderful. I'll definitely be buying some of those tickets.

Andy
                62 GT
                Andy
                62 GT

Comment

Ya gotta admire the work that went into that. My Mom makes quilts in her spare time. She'll spend 3-4 months on just one. Works of art, they are. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Ya gotta admire the work that went into that. My Mom makes quilts in her spare time. She'll spend 3-4 months on just one. Works of art, they are. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I'll look to get tickets at the Meet[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

I'll look to get tickets at the Meet[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to its last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

I should add, SDC members stitched the images on the panels and selected the material. The hand quilting was all done by local Amish.

There is only one shown here but there are three quilts and a cross-stitch.
                          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I could be a real hero at home with one of those...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Looks nice, but expensive to post if I won it I suppose??? I like the top one with the studebaker logo in the center.

John Clements
                              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                              Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
                              Lockleys South Australia
                              John Clements
                              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X