Studebaker Quilts-raffle at Lancaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Quilts-raffle at Lancaster

Much effort has been put in to three quilts and a cross-stitch to be raffled at Lancaster.

Here's a link to the KRC web site with more details.
    http://www.sdckeystoneregion.com/index-2.html#quilt

There's also info on the Avanti II York Raffle Car.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

This is from the guy whose wife did all the patchwork on these.

This is a labor of love for my wife, Cindy, who came up with the idea of putting something like this together for the International Meet. What better way to display the kind of talent of Keystone members than to bring something like this to the meet. These a hand-pieced, hand-stitched works of art using Bob Dudeck drawings as a foundation. You'll be hard-pressed to find something like this as fine as this anywhere else. All three hangings are different themes and all are Studebaker-based.

The final touch, the quilting, was INDEED, done by Amish. These are works of art with many, many hours of work in them by club members and many hours of work by Amish artisans.

They'll be on display at Lancaster and tickets can be purchased. We'll give them new homes at Fun Night.

Denny Foust, 2008 Meet Chairman.
    Go to Top of Page

Comment

The Lancaster Host is located in Lampeter Township. Raffles are illegal!
      You will not be able to purchase chances on the quilts, cross-stitch or the Keystone Raffle Avanti II at the site. Attempts to do so may result in their confiscation!

Anyone wishing to procure chances on the quilts and cross-stitch should do so beforehand. Reference the link in my initial post for information.

Chances on the Raffle Car will still be available at many other venues before the York Swap Meet.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

In addition to what Brad has said quilt tickets will be available on tour buses once the TWSP has been eexited. As for the raffle car ask us in Lancaster as an alternative arrangement at a site outside of the TWSP is a possibility that is being looked at.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

That is a neat quilt[]...
          (If it were yellow, I would have freaked out!)
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Much effort has been put in to three quilts and a cross-stitch to be raffled at Lancaster.
          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Jeff, you should purchase a few tickets on it. as this thread says it is all hand made and has been touched by Amish hands who was skilled in quilt making but now deceased but watching her quilt from above.

See you in the future as I write about our past
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
            X