Help with car part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with car part

Hi, I have two steering box parts that I don't know what they fit. maybe someone can tell me how to find out. thanks 1548751 can & tube

1548751 fits 1959-1960 Larks with a Ross SL-type steering box. The box type is cast into the housing..

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

Thanks for the info Studeman, would you know if anyone sells new steering boxs or parts to rebuild the box on a 1959 1/2 ton pickup. thanks Tman0950

Comment

quote:Originally posted by TMAN0950

Thanks for the info Studeman, would you know if anyone sells new steering boxs or parts to rebuild the box on a 1959 1/2 ton pickup. thanks Tman0950
        I checked my '57-61 Truck-parts book, and that part number isn't listed- so it does not fit your truck-box.

I don't know of anyone selling rebuild "kits" ... some of the vendors have various parts, The pitman arm bushing and seal can usually be sourced at a bearing supply- if you can provide them with accurate measurements. For the gaskets...I usually make my own.
        There's really not alot to these boxes... they are easy to disassemble, clean and reassemble. That's usually enough... unless they were beat to death, or you plan on daily-driver type use.

Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

Not sure if the boxes and shafts are the same for trucks as the Ross 59-60 Lark type, but I'm got a used one you can have. I can bring it to Lancaster. Glad to get it out of my garage. Less than 30K miles on it.

Comment

Thanks barnlark. I don't belive the box is the same, but thanks for the offer. TMAN0950

Comment

Working...
            X