Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody,

Hi everybody,

I've been a member of the sdc since june of '07, but now I'm finally part of the forum. I'm 15 years old and expecting to get my first stude soon. I've always loved studes and remember my dad getting his, a white '62 4 door sedan. Now,I absolutly love them, but my friend(who is a mopar lover)doesn't like the idea of studes(which he hates)eating mopars.

Dylan
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Welcome aboard...always good to see the younger people getting interested in Studebakers

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1950 2R5
    1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Just get a Super Lark and blow off his Dart!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Welcome to the forum. When I was 15, I was driving my Mother's 58 Silver Hawk!

Hope you get one.

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

WELCOME!! I remember when I was 15--- I think!! Had a 53 C body
          champion coupe. Now I am 63 and I have a 53 C body commander coupe.
          Will I ever grow up? I hope not. Keep us posted on your Studebaker
          experiences.

Tex in Alabama

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Welcome Dylan! It's great to have you here. When I was 15, I had the same '50 Studebaker Champion that is in my signature pic. It and I have been together since, well, it's a family channel, since forever.

(Hope you meet Matt [mbstude] soon. He USED to be the youngest around here, now I guess you are!)

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Welcom Dylan,
              When I was 15 I got my first Studebaker. A 57 silverhawk. I still have it. That was 31 yrs ago. Have fun and keep us posted on your studebaker quest!!
              quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

Hi everybody,

I've been a member of the sdc since june of '07, but now I'm finally part of the forum. I'm 15 years old and expecting to get my first stude soon. I've always loved studes and remember my dad getting his, a white '62 4 door sedan. Now,I absolutly love them, but my friend(who is a mopar lover)doesn't like the idea of studes(which he hates)eating mopars.

Dylan
              Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
              57 SH (project)
              60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
              53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
              57 SH (project)
              60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Welcome Dylan... Good to have a new Member on the Forum. [^]

What a young fellow like you needs is a nice Studebaker truck! [8D]
                OK, with an R2 engine.

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar Deluxe
                Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                May 23 & 24, 2009?
                </h5>
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander
                Zone Coordinator
                Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Thanks for the great welcome everybody!Oh,and the car is going to be a V8 powered '61 lark wagon.

Dylan
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Welcome Dylan,
                    When I was 15 back in 1977 my dad asked if I wanted that old wagon in the back? I said that V/8 one you just put a valve in? He said thats the one. I asked what kind is it? He said "Its a Studebaker Lark". I said "who made it F&*d or C#@^y". He laughed alot an told me that Studebaker did. The rest is history.

Gordon

Comment

welcome. I'm guessing that this will be your first car, I still have my first car (61 lark sedan) so from my experience no matter how much you want another car as you get older, hang onto your first as long as you can. Theres many stories out there of people wishing they still had their first.

reminds me of the time when I really didn't care that the car sat for many years on the concrete floor of a barn, unattended, dusty, neglected. AND ALMOST SOLD (thanks to those who didn't due to rusty floor boards)
                      Have fun, use the vast recource and knowledge here, I wish it had been here when I was your age.

Chop Stu
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard! It's nice to see another young guy on here.

quoteHope you meet Matt [mbstude] soon. He USED to be the youngest around here, now I guess you are!)
                        Yep, you've broken my record of being the youngest on here. I'm 18 and have a few Studes. I started posting on the old Studebaker NewsGroup when I was 15. My first car was my '63 Daytona hardtop. It was Mom's first car too. Can't let that one get away!

That '61 wagon you might be getting, is it a 2 or 4 door?

Again, welcome! This is a pretty great group. Don't be shy. [8D]

BTW, Mark57 is right. Everyone needs a Studebaker truck. I love mine. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Welcome Dylan. My first car wasn't near as cool as yours and should be lots of fun for you. '61's have some unique one year only parts to them, so get ready for the all important parts searching. Lots of folks here will answer all your questions with years of experience, so good luck with your Studebaker vehicles for the next 60 or 70 years like some of them.

Comment

Hey, Dylan

Welcome to the Forum. I'm glad you found your way here, as it's the best Studebaker support group you will find. Once you have the project car your looking for, be sure to ask your questions, and share your experiences here.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                            53 Starliner Hardtop
                            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Welcome aboard Dylan! We're glad you're here. There's alot of experienced Studebaker folks here. Make darn sure you consult with us when you get ready to buy that first Stude. We'll try our best to see that you get a good deal on a decent car (or truck). There's LOTS of Studebaker action in Washington - you'll be in good company!

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X