Anyone have a 1942 studebaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a 1942 studebaker?

I might be getting a 1942 Stude, how rare are they?

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

It is interesting that you should bring that up, I was just researching that about three hours ago. as far as numbers go, I am not sure, I do believe, though that they manufactured the 1942 model year from august 1941 to january 1942. I am sure someone else with a bit more knowledge can expound.

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint. Driven often, always noticed. Man I love this car!!

Comment

I don't have one but last year at a swap meet a few miles from me a rotten 42 was there. I suspect they are scarce.

Comment

According to Wikipedia, in 1942 Studebaker produced 50,678 total automobiles. As far as specific models...that will be more of a challenge. Good luck!

On the other hand, more scarce would be a 1946 model. Supposedly Studebaker only manufactured 19,275...again this is according to wikipedia.

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint. Driven often, always noticed. Man I love this car!!

Comment

I had a 42 Champion a couple of years ago. While I had one and was watching for them and I did see a few. One Commander at the International meet in Rapid City stood out. Don't remember whose it was. Milton Jones got mine.
          Ronnie Scheller,
          Marysville, Kansas

Comment

I have two (2) one coupe Champion and a 4 dr Champion? Which brings up a question, I should know.
            Were there only Champion and Presidents in 42? I know that only Champions in 46.

Ebon...
            [img][/img]

Comment

They built approx. 29,687 Champs. I do not have a count on the senior cars. I sold a nice Champ coupe last spring.
              Klif

55 Speedster
              55 Speedster/Street Machine
              63 Avanti R2
              64 Convertible R1

Comment

James Maloney's book "Studebaker Cars shows '42 Commanders. It states 17500 '42 Commanders were sold Ebon.

quote:Originally posted by railway

I have two (2) one coupe Champion and a 4 dr Champion? Which brings up a question, I should know.
                Were there only Champion and Presidents in 42? I know that only Champions in 46.

Ebon...
                [img][/img]

Frank van Doorn
                1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                1963 Daytona Conv
                1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

My Grandfather's first Studebaker was a 42 Commander.

Leonard Shepherd
                    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Stephen Cade has a '42 President Skyway Sedan Coupe. It's a work of art on wheels. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I bought a '63 Champ pickup from a fellow several years ago. He had a '42 President Skyway tucked in the back of his garage with 3 NOS fenders. I could not justify the $4500 he was asking for it at the time....

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Stephen Cade has a '42 President Skyway Sedan Coupe. It's a work of art on wheels. [^]
                          Indeed, Matt!! This one that was at Sacremento had to be one of my favorites at that meet!

Craig

Comment

The 42 model is very handsome indeed, I think I was told that it was a commander. It doesen't matter I think it's something that I want to get involved with, Mr. Quinn you are right the 41 model is the one everyone loves( I have one )My major concern is if the motor will turn. I was told that the floors are soild and that's a plus. I guess with gas the way it is the champ 6 is the way to go. I understand they get 24-27 miles to the gallon, WOW []

Studebakers forever!
                            Studebakers forever!

Comment

There's a gorgeous, black, '42 Commander sedan that resides (or used to anyway) in Nevada. I got to sit in that thing one when it made a showing at the LaPalma meet. I simply COULD NOT BELIEVE how well all the plastic had held up on the dashboard![]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X