Chinese Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Studebakers

Over in the other group there are these posts from someone trying to import some Chinese three wheeler and slap a Studebaker sticker on it.

I went through the links but could not find much about this import.

Nope it aint the same but can anyone point me in the direction of what that vehicle actually is?

If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
    64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
    61 V8 Tcab
    61 Tcab 20R powered
    55 Commander Wagon
    54 Champion Wagon
    46 Gibson Model A
    50 JD MC
    If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
    64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
    61 V8 Tcab
    63 Tcab 20R powered
    55 Commander Wagon
    54 Champion Wagon
    46 Gibson Model A
    50 JD MC
    45 Agricat
    67 Triumph T100
    66 Bultaco Matadore

Follow the links. It's basically a motorcycle with a body over it.

Nothing worth seeing, by as I wrote previously, funny to read

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Here's my thread:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=21016

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I kind of like the Yat Ming Chinese Studebakers.
        Easy to park.
        Easy to keep clean[].
        They roll pretty well[:0].
        Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Hey, Jeff
          How about this "coupe-express"? They also come in Velveeta yellow.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
          53 Starliner Hardtop
          Newton Grove, NC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude53

Hey, Jeff
            How about this "coupe-express"? They also come in Velveeta yellow.
            Pretty good, ya made me laugh....not
            Of interest is to note that there are a lot of entrepreneurial guys
            that are importing shipping containers full of various
            Chinese 'vehicles' like this (3 wheel, 4 wheel, etc.)...
            You can't license them for highway use, but a lot of guys are using them on ranches, and farms.
            Cheaper than the current 'Mule' craze.
            And when they puke?
            Toss 'em out, and roll the next one out of the container.
            I can see a 'grey market' for these contraptions developing....
            Sort of like the grey market rice paddy Yan-Mar tractor offerings.
            Just wait until you need parts and service.
            Try to find your Pacific Rim Studebaker dealer then[V][:0]
            Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Heh - an all made from recycled Studebakers and other such stuff from the USA. That Wagonaire body I sent to the scrap yards a few weeks back - wonder what it will come back to us as?[B)] Or maybe it'll just stay in China and serve in some new hydro-electric generators or new bridges, while ours crumble from old age.[V]

But hey..... we've sent all our manufacturing might to foreign soil - what's left to sell but scrap?[8]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If U.S. carmakers offered domestically-built & well-made practical small cars and trucks at reasonable prices, instead of things like 4-door F-150 Monster trucks At @ $40k (that are too pretty to haul with), or $28k Tauruses and $30k Mustangs, I might buy one! What happened to Studebaker has repeated itself at the the Big Three. Crippled by extreme Wages and exhorbitant benefit costs, and building vehicles that really (should) appeal to peripheral markets, instead of mainstream consumer requirements, is what has caused the U.S. Auto industry to lose market share. Ain't no doubt about it.

Comment

I agree torker. We all laugh at these Chinese 3 wheelers, but I'll bet if the big three brought one out, they'd sell a TON of them.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

This thing would be perfect for "around the Stude. farm", but I would not think of putting it on the road!

quote:Originally posted by stude53

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

now we live about 15 miles from her work and she wants something about 70 mpg but scooters and snow aint a good mix we looked at a 50 cc no tag no motorcycle licence etc. but its to slow for a streach of 5 miles of hills @ 45mph she would get killed. now here is this cute lil meter maid buggy, 3 wheels drives like a car but has no heat? no defroster? Why can't someone make a 2 seat 4 wheel 800 lbs little diesel that get 70 mpg crud a few years back vw made a wagon that was a turbo diesel that got 50 before the epa shut down imports. you would only need 60 hp for a light weight lil thing how many horse did the metropolitan have? make it bare bones but practical with 13 inch tires. I had an old cushman truckster 18 hp twin onan that would out run this china thing

1955 Commander

Comment

In Italy, Piaggio, the maker of the Vespa also produce a truck called an Ape(Ah-pay)which means bee in Italian. The base three wheeler has a load capacity of about 800 pounds and a 50cc 2 stroke engine pushing it. Top speed is about 21 mph on level ground, up hill a whole lot slower. And yes they do sound like a swarm of angry bees! They also make a car which is intended strictly for city use, with a top speed of about 25 mph.

Terry Godkin
                        Surrey, British Columbia

Comment

I agree with torker and Dick. I think there is a market for such vehicles in North America. The Big 3 just seem to have blinders on when it comes to this market segment.

Terry Godkin
                          Surrey, British Columbia

Comment

Why isn't it obvious that we have a pent up demand for third world vehicles because we are quickly becoming a third world country?

1963 Studebaker Avanti: C4 Corvette narrowed front/rear suspension, C5 13" calipers/rotors adapted to C4, Viper differential with Intrax 3.54 ratio (the snake has been charmed!), coil overs, stainless tubular frame, stainless chambered side exhaust.
                            Here are two links for some pictures and information.
                            Slide Show
                            Magazine Article
                            sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

I don't believe what I am hearing. The germans and the rice grinders
                              are the main problems with this country today. Uncontrolled
                              imports is the issue,and it is killing us. The volkswagons started it
                              and the Japanese never stopped attacking us since Pearl Harbor. The
                              price dumping almost lost us Harley Davidson. I could go on and on.
                              Wake up.

53 C coupe
                              53 Commander 4dr
                              55Commander 4dr
                              68 Ford F-600
                              68 Ford Tractor
                              2000 Ford F-150
                              2003 Chev. Tahoe
                              1984 Chev. p/u
                              NO not one that has helped ruin our country.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Working...
                              X