New reservation confirmation-Lancaster Host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New reservation confirmation-Lancaster Host

I received reservation confirmation a year ago @ $99.00.
    I received another one yesterday for $109.89.

Upon investigation, the rate of $109.89 includes all hospitality, state and local taxes. Those were to be expected.

Just thought I would check it out before hyperventing.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I received reservation confirmation a year ago @ $99.00.
    I received another one yesterday for $109.89.

Upon investigation, the rate of $109.89 includes all hospitality, state and local taxes. Those were to be expected.

Just thought I would check it out before hyperventing.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

When I got my new confirmation it never dawned on me that the new one included tax and stuff. I called this morning and was told what the extra eleven bucks was for. I was beginning to scrape the bottom of my pockets for a little extra cash that I know wasn't there.

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser

Comment

Sorry for the confusion folks. Talked to our contact within the Host today who assured me the $99.00 rate was firm and being honored. However they wanted to be proactive and give everyone an updated confirmation to include applicable taxes. I appreciate their being up front with us as many reservation services give only the base rate and tell you plus taxes. Now you know what to expect for each night you stay during the meet. The rate posted here applies to all of the meet hotels but the HOST is the only facility to confirm it to the group.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Sorry for the confusion folks. Talked to ur contact within the Host today who assured me the $99.00 rate was firm and being honored. However they wanted to be proactive and give everyone an updated confirmation to include applicable taxes. I appreciate their being up front with us as many reservation services give only the base rate and tell you plus taxes. Now you know what to epect for each night you stay during the meet. The rate posted here applies to all of the meet hotels but the hOST is the nly facility to confirm it to the group.
        I agree. I'm glad to know what the actual cost will be ahead of time. Now that I know, there is no problem

Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser

Comment

I just received my second confirmation from the Host Hotel. This one states: "ROOM RATE 109.89" and also sttes: "ROOM RATE ABOVE WILL REFLECT FIRST NIGHT'S LODGING ONLY, NOT INCLUSIVE OF TAX OR GRATUITY." This does not agree with the previous posts. This says that the $109.89 does NOT include TAX. What gives? Please clear this up. Thanks.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary

The feelers are out and hopefully we will be able to clarify this today. If not tomorrow atthe latest.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Received this email from Lancaster Host:

"The confirmation you received in the mail the first time was the Studebaker rate at $99.00 plus tax. The second one you received was a reminder, and the rate of $109.89 is including all the tax for the one night. That is why the prices were different. So the rate for the one night including all the tax is $109.89. We have 11% hotel occupancy tax...

We look forward to seeing you in September"

Nicole Manos
              Reservations Department
              Lancaster Host Resort & Conference Center
              "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
              X