Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker wheel covers on a SIMCA Aeonde????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker wheel covers on a SIMCA Aeonde????

I was walking through my local salvage yard today and spotted a cute little wagon, so I took a closer look. I noticed what appeared to be Studebaker wheel covers on it. Did Studebaker have something to do with the French made SIMCA Aronde? The hub caps look a lot like Studebaker. I was going to take them off because I thought they might be Studebaker but I checked a couple of websites under Aronde and they showed the same hubs caps. Are They Studebaker or did Studebaker have an interest in SIMCA?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I have one of those hubcaps hanging on the wall. It's aluminum, and unlike any cap that Studebaker ever made.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

In what area of the country was this little mouse hotel?
      Bill
      http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
      sigpic

Comment

quote:Are They Studebaker or did Studebaker have an interest in SIMCA?
        Ford owned Simca and then sold it to Chrysler. When Chrysler bought it they had Ford flathead engines in them.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

It is located in North Dakota. the "S" on the hub cap appears to be the same as the Studebaker "S" that is what got me going

Comment

The hubcaps are definitely not Studebaker, but, of course, Simca.
            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Another case just like the Mercedes/Studebaker debuckle over the Mercedes star, where Studebaker easily could have stopped them from using the lazy "S", sued them, whatever, if they were the sueing kind![:0]

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Simca also used a 'bird' emblem very much like the later Lark emblem.

Dwain G.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
                X