stupid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid question

how much of the parts from a 64 commander 4 dr will fit on 64 daytona 2 dr.?

what determines what makes it a daytona or cruiser or commander?

Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR
    57 Silver Hawk
    Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

The interiors (and doors/door glass, of course) are different. The mechanicals can be interchanged. South Bend-built Cruisers were available only with the 289 V8s. Many Commanders and Challengers came with 6-cyl engines.

The principal differences between the various series were in the quality of the interior trim and external ornamentation, and the inclusion of some items that were optional on the lower-priced lines as standard equipment on higher-priced series. Convertibles and hardtops were only available in the Daytona series. The Cruiser was a long wheelbase 4-door sedan, with most of the extra length added to rear legroom. In 64, it can be identified by a unique trunk lid trim panel and side trim.

A parts book would tell provide more detailed info on exactly how the models differed.

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC
    Skip Lackie

Comment

"The Cruiser was a long wheelbase 4-door sedan,"

I may be mistaken but I think the Daytona and Cruiser 4-door models were the same wheelbase and length. Only diff was the interior and engine, (and of course, model designation/trim) tho I think you could order the 289 in the Daytona in '64.

John

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Johnnywiffer

[blue][size=2][font=Comic Sans MS][b]I may be mistaken but I think the Daytona and Cruiser 4-door models were the same wheelbase and length.
        Yep...in '64 all 4 doors (including Cruiser) and station wagons had a 113" wheelbase. 2 door sedans, hardtops, and convertibles had a 109" wheelbase.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

The entire nose, trunk lid, tail lights and all of the running gear (without getting into individual items).

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Kevin: All body parts including the body structure will interchange withe the sedans and wagons for 64-65-66. the outside trim is what makes it a Daytona or Cruiser or Commander. 1964 the Challenger would also interchange. The interior is also interchangable, and different for each model.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Clemens

Kevin: All body parts including the body structure will interchange withe the sedans and wagons for 64-65-66. the outside trim is what makes it a Daytona or Cruiser or Commander. 1964 the Challenger would also interchange. The interior is also interchangable, and different for each model.
              Your answer is technically correct, but do not lose sight of the fact that he was asking about using parts from a FOUR DOOR on a TWO DOOR.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Your right Gary. Usual mistake Read it but didn't let it soak in.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Working...
                X