Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnnywiffer
    replied
    Maybe Granny told the illiterate Grandson, "Hey, if it doesn't sell on Ebay, you can have it." So HE set the price so high he KNEW no one would buy it. He's prob'ly got a SBC ready to slip into it RIGHT NOW!

John

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    quote:the body only need a good shine to it
    -----
    If that were true, then shine the thing up BEFORE you take the pictures! For the life of me, I can't figure out people who expect top dollar when their car isn't represented at its best.

Especially in this "price range" one could afford a minor detailing.[)]

Andy
    62 GT

Leave a comment:

• Johnnywiffer
    replied
    OK OK so what would it take to get 15 large outta this car? A wax, new headliner, some minor detailing?

I think if JP had it, he could put that ol' magic to work and might just do it. Better description, words spelled correctly and some BIIIG pix out in the woods instead of behind the barn. Or in front of some ritzy funeral home.

And keep Granny and her blond hair and sunnies outta the pix. [8D]

I really think it's possible. JP, why don't you contact Grannie and her illiterate grandson and offer your services? I THINK YOU COULD DO IT!!

John

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I fell in love with that one Dick showed the picture of fist time I saw it a few years ago[] If I had known about it before it sold it would be here today[:X]

Some day I'll find one like the subject car, for a rational price, and it'll be here...

Times must be tough for the seller if, as Guido observed, he/she's willing to sell their own Grandpa

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Leave a comment:

• Stude Mick
    replied
    OMG I just sold my 55 Commander Sedan for just under a third of that price. Maybe I should have put more on it. lol

Michael Pink
    Victoria, Australia

1955 Commander Coupe
    1961 Lark Cruiser
    1962 GT Hawk
    1963 Avanti R1

Studebaker Car Club Of Austrlaia Website
    http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Credit card bill just happens to be around 15K, probably.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Well, $15K's a joke. Ya HAFTA wonder how he came to that figure! Maybe Grandma said: "Boy, if I could round up 15 thousand bucks, I wouldn't hafta sell this here ol' house 'o mine."

Am I mistaken, or are these early 55 sedans much less seen than the Ultra-Vista ones?

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    [quote]Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I sold a similar one for around $5k. I think that was pretty much top dollar for a '55 6 cylinder in #3 condition...

If that's a number three, Dick, I'd hate to see what that car would be rated besides mint. What a nice job on that.

I kind of feel bad for the seller based on the hard to read description and I bet their grandfather was a SDC member at some point and loved that car, but got too old to care for it. Not sure if the seller is male or female, but my guess is that they had heard tales over the years from him and really think that it's worth something. They will find out soon enough that it's not a lottery ticket, but I hope someone with patience gets it for a better second life.

Leave a comment:

• Studedude1961
    replied
    Guys I think the seller meant MINT...as in HOPE TO MAKE ONE off this tired-looking car.

Studedude1961

Leave a comment:

• Johnnywiffer
    replied
    Hey, those pix were taken 2 years ago. Just after a wash job. But did ya notice there is no radio, clock, cigar lighter or a correct gear shift knob. Now, I KNOW it's 50 years old. But MINT? Wonder what it looks like today?

Notice that Gramps had plenty of time on his hands. He painted the fan shroud flat black and the air cleaner and oil cap red. So the radiator was probably out--maybe that winter when they replaced it because it froze up--when he had his mind on paint instead of anti-freeze.

I just hope Granny isn't counting on selling this car, at this price, to pay the mortgage on the farm, any time soon. Hey, I think I see that blonde-haired beauty in the pic of the water-logged headliner.

John

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Oh well, eBay made a profit so someone will be happy. [}]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23-25, 2009?
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Even more interesting is his statement "This car was my Grandpa". I wonder who Grandma was, a Kaiser or a Hudson? [}] Got a lot of water stains ion the headliner for "been in the garage for many years".

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    That might be a good high MPG driver for someone if he would sell it for what it is worth, between 2 and $3,000.00 otherwise his Grandkids Grandkids will still be trying to sell it in 3008! [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    I sold a similar one for around $5k. I think that was pretty much top dollar for a '55 6 cylinder in #3 condition...

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    One of my old pinochle playing buddies used to say "You never know what you can get away with 'till you try."

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

Leave a comment:

Working...
X