Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see some Studebakers and their shops!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see some Studebakers and their shops!

I would like to see who has what kind of cars and the shops you keep them in. I see by a few private sites that some guys have shops adorned with Studebaker signs, memorabilia and the like and was wondering how many guys have shops all decked out.

I would post some pics of mine but its currently all MOPAR related signs, gas globes, ect and am not sure if anyone is interested in that. Its a 3300 sq ft shop with 12 ft ceilings on most of it. It comes with a Bend pac 10,000lb auto lift, mig welders, plasma cutters, a paint booth of sorts. Even a tire machine and tire balancer that I recently aquired and am still learning.

And of course, two small fridges full of libations and a small hunidor. Even two kegs of beer in the shop, although I rarely drink beer. It has a nice small T.V set and full stereo for the sound. You have to have hot rod music when working on cars---right!

In any case if anyone is interested, I will post some pics, but it is all MOPAR. That will change when I get my hands on those two cars/truck.

Where does one get some decent Studebaker items for the shop?

So, show me your shops and cars, I would like to see them. If anyone needs some pics hosted, I can do that to on my website. I will build a STUDEBAKER page on it tonight when its martini time.

We also have a 40s/50s style diner in our home complete with a diner style bar, 1955 Seeburg jukebox, gas pumps, ect. Living the Hot rod life requires that as well. My wife is very easy to deal with and loves this stuff, that wh she wants that 50 Commander 4 dr.

Dave.

Where's ossifer Dave?

Comment

Where's ossifer Dave?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

Where's ossifer Dave?

I am confused? Are ya speaking of my job?

Dave

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

Where's ossifer Dave?

I am confused? Are ya speaking of my job?

Dave

Comment

No, he's talking about Dave Lester (forum ID: Studedude) - Retired (sort of) lawman from Oaklahoma and fellow Stude nut. BTW, he's been restoring (cusstomizing? parking meters, traffic lites, etc., like you plan to do[:0])
            You two should have LOTS to agree on as well as Studes[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

No, he's talking about Dave Lester (forum ID: Studedude) - Retired (sort of) lawman from Oaklahoma and fellow Stude nut. BTW, he's been restoring (cusstomizing? parking meters, traffic lites, etc., like you plan to do[:0])
              You two should have LOTS to agree on as well as Studes[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Studebaker International sells some reproduction Studebaker service signs but you'll need to look at swap meets, ebay and other auction sites to find originals.

I don't have shop pictures but here are my current flames:

51 Commander Starlight

33 Rockne 10

53 Commander Starlight

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Studebaker International sells some reproduction Studebaker service signs but you'll need to look at swap meets, ebay and other auction sites to find originals.

I don't have shop pictures but here are my current flames:

51 Commander Starlight

33 Rockne 10

53 Commander Starlight

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Click on my name (mbstude) and look under Links. There are 3 websites there that have our cars as well as many others. Hardly none of our shop as it's just a big metal building full Stude parts and tools and a car or two and such. The yard at the shop is definitely worth lookin' at though. Cars ranging from a 39 Plymouth Coupe body shell on top of a land-sea container to a perdy little 51 Studebaker coupe to a sleek 57 Silver Hawk. Just take a little peek and see for yourself. [8D]

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
                    South Georgia Chapter Newsletter Editor
                    63 Daytona HT (project)
                    51 2R16 dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
                    52 Commander Starliner (basket case)(will trade for another Stude <g&gt
                    MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars.
                    Click my name and check out "Links".

Comment

Click on my name (mbstude) and look under Links. There are 3 websites there that have our cars as well as many others. Hardly none of our shop as it's just a big metal building full Stude parts and tools and a car or two and such. The yard at the shop is definitely worth lookin' at though. Cars ranging from a 39 Plymouth Coupe body shell on top of a land-sea container to a perdy little 51 Studebaker coupe to a sleek 57 Silver Hawk. Just take a little peek and see for yourself. [8D]

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
                      South Georgia Chapter Newsletter Editor
                      63 Daytona HT (project)
                      51 2R16 dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
                      52 Commander Starliner (basket case)(will trade for another Stude <g&gt
                      MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars.
                      Click my name and check out "Links".

Comment

Dave/LAWFISH,
                        Hello and welcome, I have been away for a few days [8D] so I am trying to catch up on what I have missed [] This forum can be kind of addicting, if you haven't already found that out I usually get caught up reading more than I post, There is a multitude of Studebaker knowledge lurking out there. I doubt that you will come up with a problem or question related to Studebakers that you won't get an answer for on this forum [:0]. I beleive in one of your posts you said that you are partial to 4-door sedans, as you can see so am I. I have never taken any pics of my garage, but here are some pics of my 4-door sedans [^]

Studebaker Fever
                        60 Lark
                        51 Champion
                        Phil

Studebaker Fever
                        60 Lark
                        56 Power Hawk
                        Phil Hendrickson
                        Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Dave/LAWFISH,
                          Hello and welcome, I have been away for a few days [8D] so I am trying to catch up on what I have missed [] This forum can be kind of addicting, if you haven't already found that out I usually get caught up reading more than I post, There is a multitude of Studebaker knowledge lurking out there. I doubt that you will come up with a problem or question related to Studebakers that you won't get an answer for on this forum [:0]. I beleive in one of your posts you said that you are partial to 4-door sedans, as you can see so am I. I have never taken any pics of my garage, but here are some pics of my 4-door sedans [^]

Studebaker Fever
                          60 Lark
                          51 Champion
                          Phil

Studebaker Fever
                          60 Lark
                          56 Power Hawk
                          Phil Hendrickson
                          Arnold, Missouri

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:
                            Where's ossifer Dave?
                            Right here in the shop!

quote:I am confused? Are ya speaking of my job?
                            Nah, couldn't be.... [?] Yer not an officer, are ya?

www.davesplaceinc.com
                            Yep, been with the Sheriff's office for the past 22 plus years. I have less than 30 months until retirement. Cant wait either. Spent most of my time as an Investigator. Came back to patrol to have weekends off all the time and build cars/ hang out with my youngest daughter who has Type I diabetes and needed some extra care.

Dave

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:
                              Where's ossifer Dave?
                              Right here in the shop!

quote:I am confused? Are ya speaking of my job?
                              Nah, couldn't be.... [?] Yer not an officer, are ya?

www.davesplaceinc.com
                              Yep, been with the Sheriff's office for the past 22 plus years. I have less than 30 months until retirement. Cant wait either. Spent most of my time as an Investigator. Came back to patrol to have weekends off all the time and build cars/ hang out with my youngest daughter who has Type I diabetes and needed some extra care.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X