This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 tristar on e-bay

There's a Champion Tristar on ebay currently. The bid is only up to $810.00. If the rust is as bad all over, well, I don't know.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/studeb...R4QQsacatZ6001

Sure wish I could afford it...

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Wonder if that twine's holding it together![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wonder if that twine's holding it together![:0]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's hard to tell, but I think it's a 2 door sedan. The current bid is most likely over the market for a rusted out, non running, 2 door sedan.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's hard to tell, but I think it's a 2 door sedan. The current bid is most likely over the market for a rusted out, non running, 2 door sedan.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

We had a 53 champion tri star when I was growing up. At what point did they change the emblems? I have always felt sorry for the 53-54 sedans because of the lack of respect they have always gotten (but I don't feel bad enough to buy one and spent thousands of dollars on it to make it nice!) Below are photos of our 53 Champion in 1957.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

We had a 53 champion tri star when I was growing up. At what point did they change the emblems? I have always felt sorry for the 53-54 sedans because of the lack of respect they have always gotten (but I don't feel bad enough to buy one and spent thousands of dollars on it to make it nice!) Below are photos of our 53 Champion in 1957.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Definitely a sedan:

You can tell it's a 4-door by the pic of the rocker. Looks like another door back there to me.

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Comment

Definitely a sedan:

You can tell it's a 4-door by the pic of the rocker. Looks like another door back there to me.

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Comment

This car is a sedan.

I can not see putting $15K into a car that will be worth $3500 unless you are sentimentally attached to it or you just want to do it.

Tristars did not end very early (actually ended late) in the 1953 model year and I do not believe that they ever ended in Vernon.

The parking light assemblies (grille bars) are something of value in this sedan that can be used on a C/K.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This car is a sedan.

I can not see putting $15K into a car that will be worth $3500 unless you are sentimentally attached to it or you just want to do it.

Tristars did not end very early (actually ended late) in the 1953 model year and I do not believe that they ever ended in Vernon.

The parking light assemblies (grille bars) are something of value in this sedan that can be used on a C/K.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                      X