No announcement yet.

Wheel cover quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a Checker. My Dad bought a Checker Station Wagon new in 1963. I still have the wheelcovers from it. The centers are the same, but mine are smooth toward the outer edges, no radiating spokes. So Checker was already using the tooling while Studebaker was still in business.

Comment

Definitely a Checker. My Dad bought a Checker Station Wagon new in 1963. I still have the wheelcovers from it. The centers are the same, but mine are smooth toward the outer edges, no radiating spokes. So Checker was already using the tooling while Studebaker was still in business.

Comment

Hey, Mr. Biggs

We already played this game!
        [:0][:0][:0][][][

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Hey, Mr. Biggs

We already played this game!
          [:0][:0][:0][][][

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by lstude

Yes, that's right. Checker used the Studebaker stamping after Studebaker folded. That didn't take long!

In 2002, at the same time the Stude International Meet was being held in South Bend, the national Checker meet was also being held up the road in Kalamazoo; Checker's home town. There was a Checker or two with the Stude-like hubcaps staying at the Motel 6 I stayed at in South Bend, and with a few other '59-'63 Studes there, a comparison was easy

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by lstude

Yes, that's right. Checker used the Studebaker stamping after Studebaker folded. That didn't take long!

In 2002, at the same time the Stude International Meet was being held in South Bend, the national Checker meet was also being held up the road in Kalamazoo; Checker's home town. There was a Checker or two with the Stude-like hubcaps staying at the Motel 6 I stayed at in South Bend, and with a few other '59-'63 Studes there, a comparison was easy

Craig

Comment

Please - forgive an old geezer if you've bumped into these images on the internet before.[8][V]

Here's the evolution of the 64 - 65 Studebaker wheelcovers after the design was picked up by International.

[img] http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...2/7/IHC__1.jpg [/img]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Please - forgive an old geezer if you've bumped into these images on the internet before.[8][V]

Here's the evolution of the 64 - 65 Studebaker wheelcovers after the design was picked up by International.

[img] http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...2/7/IHC__1.jpg [/img]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

When I purchased the original tools for making the 1959-63 wheel covers I got the tool for the Checker center emblem but had to have the Stude center "S' tool remade. I made a couple of hundred covers with the Checker emblem and sold them to a Checker parts dealer. Wish there were more parts that interchanged.

Ed Reynolds

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

This is a quiz. Who can tell me what car the top wheel cover was used on?

Leonard Shepherd,
                      Take a look at the letters in the center of the cap, y'all: C M C: Checker Motor Car. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                      X