Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still trying to find a couple of horns for my 53 Commander HT. I need 12V and have been told that 56 C-K body horns will do the trick but have had no luck finding them. The horns are mounted in the air scoop. I currently have a single horn mounted under the hood on the fender. I finally got all the pieces for the steering column, just would like to get the right horns before I undetake the process. Any leads would be appreciated.
    thanks

Mike DeLapp
    Barrington, IL
    53 Commander Hardtop

Comment

I'm still trying to find a couple of horns for my 53 Commander HT. I need 12V and have been told that 56 C-K body horns will do the trick but have had no luck finding them. The horns are mounted in the air scoop. I currently have a single horn mounted under the hood on the fender. I finally got all the pieces for the steering column, just would like to get the right horns before I undetake the process. Any leads would be appreciated.
      thanks

Mike DeLapp
      Barrington, IL
      53 Commander Hardtop

Comment

Before they rusted into oblivion (sp?) the horns on my '63 GT, were old fashioned looking affairs with a longish trumpet shaped bell. As opposed to the more modern looking Lark horns. Here in the mid west, since they rode low behind the side grills, those longer bell often rusted away at the neck.

Comment

Before they rusted into oblivion (sp?) the horns on my '63 GT, were old fashioned looking affairs with a longish trumpet shaped bell. As opposed to the more modern looking Lark horns. Here in the mid west, since they rode low behind the side grills, those longer bell often rusted away at the neck.

Comment

Did you note what I wrote earlier???

"There's also listed (in the parts book) a horn for GTs that's for "Single Horn Installations", so having ony one horn may be correct![^]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

"There's also listed (in the parts book) a horn for GTs that's for "Single Horn Installations", so having ony one horn may be correct![^]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The car is not at a place where I can see it. I was told by the person working on it that it had the wrong horn, that it did not match the other one.
                quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

The car is not at a place where I can see it. I was told by the person working on it that it had the wrong horn, that it did not match the other one.
                  quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

OK, well, that's different from what you said initially: "Just found out I am missing the horm for the drivers side on a 62 hawk." [:I]

I hope you find one.

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Comment

OK, well, that's different from what you said initially: "Just found out I am missing the horm for the drivers side on a 62 hawk." [:I]

I hope you find one.

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                      X