X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Sal,I will let you know.thanks,Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Got the 53 picked back up today,It goes off to Va tommorrow morning to have the pans installed.This guy will do it and do a really nice job.I had contacted him earlier and he needed to wait because he had a mustang already in process and doesnt work much in the winter(He is retired after 50+ years of body work and has no real heat in his shop).We drove up to see him today and looked at the now finished mustang,which if it had new chrome would be gorgous!Pity his customer wont spend a few more dollars to do it right after all the work that has gone into the previous rust bucket.Maybe after he sees it he will pony up,but anyway he can start my car now so things are going to get better.It was a refreshing change of attitude to deal with someone who does this for enjoyment rather than having to make a daily living in it and wasnt scared to tackle an involved procedure.Well worth the 180 mile(each way)drive.Thanks to all,Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Keilen's Auto Restoring
        N. Attleboro, MA
        (508) 699-7768

They have done many prize winning Studebakers that I am aware of and on a timely schedule.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Yeah Gary, but maybe such a place ain't in wolfie's budget. Not all of us are comfortably off.[:I]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Gary,I will be contacting them as well as a few others in the next few weeks.While we are a LONG way from being well off I am in a position to be able to put a good bit of money in this project over the next few months.Luckily our home is paid for as well as all our vehicles and other toys,several of which I am liquidating to restore the 53.Our monthly nut is very reasonable and we both earn a decent living so overall we are in pretty good shape.This car is very special to me so I dont mind putting too much money into it.
            sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Yeah Gary, but maybe such a place ain't in wolfie's budget. Not all of us are comfortably off.[:I]

Bob K. - What do you base this statement on? I don't know Mark K. as being excessively expensive. I did not name some other places, like W---- in PA partly because of pricing and C--- in PA partly because of lack of being timely.
              I do not know anythng about Wolfie's budget. I will leave deciding about the price up to him. His and your household MAY be more "comfortably ofF" than we are with no salary coming into our house.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
              X