Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That could happen. My husband thinks I'm nuts but I feel we have too many projects going on to do justice to them. I want to down size, allot! Any way, because the Stude is a nice truck I would like to see it taken care of properly. I am still trying to find as much information as I can before I make my final decision.

FYI, it was the Studebaker Museum who referred me to the Studebaker Drivers Club. They told me I could find out everything I needed. If not, you could send me in the right direction. So thank you everybody.

Oh, I have more pictures if anyone is interested. Just let me know.

Barbara Bandy

B. Bandy

Comment

That could happen. My husband thinks I'm nuts but I feel we have too many projects going on to do justice to them. I want to down size, allot! Any way, because the Stude is a nice truck I would like to see it taken care of properly. I am still trying to find as much information as I can before I make my final decision.

FYI, it was the Studebaker Museum who referred me to the Studebaker Drivers Club. They told me I could find out everything I needed. If not, you could send me in the right direction. So thank you everybody.

Oh, I have more pictures if anyone is interested. Just let me know.

Barbara Bandy

B. Bandy

Comment

Barbara,

I'm a resident if Visalia. I'd like to look at this truck. I've sent you an E-mail with contact info.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Barbara,

I'm a resident if Visalia. I'd like to look at this truck. I've sent you an E-mail with contact info.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here I was hoping to keep this truck around, because I like it a lot. It was a huge joy to drive (I drove it around Pendleton Oregon some years ago for an afternoon).

Anyway, for vouching for it. Its a very nice truck, and Im sure there is a lucky Stude fan around who would take mighty fine care of it, and would give it a good home and the care it deserves.

Comment

Here I was hoping to keep this truck around, because I like it a lot. It was a huge joy to drive (I drove it around Pendleton Oregon some years ago for an afternoon).

Anyway, for vouching for it. Its a very nice truck, and Im sure there is a lucky Stude fan around who would take mighty fine care of it, and would give it a good home and the care it deserves.

Comment

I'll second VW's appraisal of this unique vehicle. I spent over an hour talking and looking at it with Barb and her hubby today. She's the first to point out it's need of a paint job, but really, that's a small detail against the overall condition of this thing.
                Am I jealous of it - yup! But I'm not angling to own it because A: I can't afford it (not unless Barb got insanely generous - which she won't!), and B: while it's a really intriguing piece of Studebaker history, it's gearing would drive me nuts. I guess if I thought I just COULDN'T live without it, I could try to figure out how to own it and reserve it for a show-thing. But that's not me. If I can't DRIVE what I own, I don't want it.
                Barb's made up her mind to find a good and caring home for it and is leery of putting it up on ebay. But I told her that ebay is really the best medium to get the truck exposed to all possible market area and get what the market's willing to pay for it. It sorta stands to reason that if someone's gonna shell out big bucks for it, they're gonna be nice to it.
                In looking around it, I only saw a few minor things that weren't stock - primary of which is the "hood ornament" which is actually a fender ornament for a '47 Champion. The other thing I spotted was the cardboard headliner panels had black binding around their edges. I'm fairly sure that wasn't done that way originally. Nit-picky stuff to be sure.
                Looking underneath it, it looks like you'd expect such a truck to look like when it was a year or two old. Still pretty darned nice. I couldn't see evidence of any filler on the body anywhere but I confess I wasn't looking that hard either. Since I went there with the mindset of NOT trying to buy it, I didn't care if it had a spot of filler here or there. I just was struck by the overall soldity, integrity and appearance of the thing.
                Barb let me sit in it and crank the Big 6 to life. I twisted the key a couple of times before I got the choke set right and it fired up. But once running, I eased the choke in and the ol' Commander 6 set into a comfortable idle. She's a sweetie. Like Barb, I hope it finds a good home!

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I'll second VW's appraisal of this unique vehicle. I spent over an hour talking and looking at it with Barb and her hubby today. She's the first to point out it's need of a paint job, but really, that's a small detail against the overall condition of this thing.
                  Am I jealous of it - yup! But I'm not angling to own it because A: I can't afford it (not unless Barb got insanely generous - which she won't!), and B: while it's a really intriguing piece of Studebaker history, it's gearing would drive me nuts. I guess if I thought I just COULDN'T live without it, I could try to figure out how to own it and reserve it for a show-thing. But that's not me. If I can't DRIVE what I own, I don't want it.
                  Barb's made up her mind to find a good and caring home for it and is leery of putting it up on ebay. But I told her that ebay is really the best medium to get the truck exposed to all possible market area and get what the market's willing to pay for it. It sorta stands to reason that if someone's gonna shell out big bucks for it, they're gonna be nice to it.
                  In looking around it, I only saw a few minor things that weren't stock - primary of which is the "hood ornament" which is actually a fender ornament for a '47 Champion. The other thing I spotted was the cardboard headliner panels had black binding around their edges. I'm fairly sure that wasn't done that way originally. Nit-picky stuff to be sure.
                  Looking underneath it, it looks like you'd expect such a truck to look like when it was a year or two old. Still pretty darned nice. I couldn't see evidence of any filler on the body anywhere but I confess I wasn't looking that hard either. Since I went there with the mindset of NOT trying to buy it, I didn't care if it had a spot of filler here or there. I just was struck by the overall soldity, integrity and appearance of the thing.
                  Barb let me sit in it and crank the Big 6 to life. I twisted the key a couple of times before I got the choke set right and it fired up. But once running, I eased the choke in and the ol' Commander 6 set into a comfortable idle. She's a sweetie. Like Barb, I hope it finds a good home!

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Bob, what is the history of the truck? Had it been a military rig?

steve blake
                    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
                    http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
                    steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

Bob, what is the history of the truck? Had it been a military rig?

steve blake
                      http://tinyurl.com/l7oqh
                      steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

Barb has alot of pertinent papers, but couldn't recall off the top of her head, what the history had been. I didn't press her for details. But it sure doesn't appear to have had any military time. There's none of the usual extra tags and placards that one expects to see on a military vehicle.

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Barb has alot of pertinent papers, but couldn't recall off the top of her head, what the history had been. I didn't press her for details. But it sure doesn't appear to have had any military time. There's none of the usual extra tags and placards that one expects to see on a military vehicle.

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

WOW! I wish my Scotsman looked that good! (well, a 4x4 wouldn't be so bad around here either. ) Ever since I started driving mine, these trucks (Scotsmans, that is) are really starting to come out of the woodwork! [^]

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
                            http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/

Comment

WOW! I wish my Scotsman looked that good! (well, a 4x4 wouldn't be so bad around here either. ) Ever since I started driving mine, these trucks (Scotsmans, that is) are really starting to come out of the woodwork! [^]

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/
                              http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/

Comment

This truck only has 22,000 original miles and is fun to drive, nice and smooth. I believe the truck was used in the orchards in Oregon, not by the military but a good 'ol farmer. My Dad was on one of his normal Sunday drives and spotted Blacky just sitting there, all in one piece but looking a little tired. He took it home gave it a bath, did some general clean up, and it then became his new best friend.

B. Bandy

Comment

Working...
                                X