This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Packebaker

So far, there have been some goood guesses as to what TT stands for. Actually, Studebaker wanted to use "SS" emblems on the cars instead, but since it'd been barely more than a decade since the end of WWII and the regime change in Germany,they felt it might cause public protest. But, Chevrolet managed to pull it off 5 or 6 years later. Not Really. Just Made that Up. [8]
    When I am asked what the TT on my Hawk means ...My answer is that it is an upgrade from SS.

1961 HAWK..BLACK.. 4bc,4-speed,TT

Comment

So far, there have been some goood guesses as to what TT stands for. Actually, Studebaker wanted to use "SS" emblems on the cars instead, but since it'd been barely more than a decade since the end of WWII and the regime change in Germany,they felt it might cause public protest. But, Chevrolet managed to pull it off 5 or 6 years later. Not Really. Just Made that Up. [8]
      When I am asked what the TT on my Hawk means ...My answer is that it is an upgrade from SS.

1961 HAWK..BLACK.. 4bc,4-speed,TT

Comment

Auto trivia history.... There was a company in England that made upscale sporting cars before the war. After the war a new name was in order for the reason you give. By then "SS" had a rather negative connotation. The new name for the firm? Jaguar.

Scott: good luck with the elcetion.
        Any politician who drives a Studebaker can't be all bad!

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Auto trivia history.... There was a company in England that made upscale sporting cars before the war. After the war a new name was in order for the reason you give. By then "SS" had a rather negative connotation. The new name for the firm? Jaguar.

Scott: good luck with the elcetion.
          Any politician who drives a Studebaker can't be all bad!

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

By then "SS" had a rather negative connotation. The new name for the firm? Jaguar.

...as did the name, 'Dictator'

Craig

Comment

By then "SS" had a rather negative connotation. The new name for the firm? Jaguar.

...as did the name, 'Dictator'

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X