58 Silver Hawk on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Silver Hawk on ebay

There is a very beautiful '58 Silver Hawk listed, of course by a Classic Car Dealer...need I say more!

http://tinyurl.com/6fg9wu

This is a very nice, very well restored car, but why the h&*% do they always insist on saying "all original carpet", "all original seat material, door panels etc". "The trunk appears as new, the trunk carpet is in excellent condition with no rips, tears, or missing pieces" ![:0] [:0]

It is very clear to me that the interior must be a very good, possibly Phantom interior, which is a very close match to original, BUT IT IS NOT ORIGINAL!

But come on, does he actually expect us to believe that this brand new unworn, unsoiled carpet and interior and that fresh S.I. trunk mat are ORIGINAL?

And without documentation or at least a good story, expect us to believe the 16,000 miles too?

I did get a good laugh out of the rebuilt CARBUTATOR though!

I really do not see the harm in admitting the truth, OR at least SAY: he "DOES NOT KNOW" !! [}] [}] why lie? [V] [V][}]

All of this guy's cars in the past have been the same deception! [V]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

In the same vein this M-16 truck is listed on e-Bay about 3 hours from me. With an $11,000 price tag, it is not going anywhere soon. It is listed as having 52,814 miles and the ad goes on to say "The tires look good as you can see in the pictures. It still has one original tire on the inside rear that is still in good condition." As I suspect the truck did not come with a spare they are expecting me to believe a 60 year old tire with 53K on it is in good condition? [}][B)][:0][xx(]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I screwed up on my T cab listing, he says:

"the odometer shows 16,000 miles", a truthful statement. I should have said "The odometer shows 4000 miles" on our truck.

The Hawk is a nice car, with a decent, but far from show restoration.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Ah well, I think with the rest of the honesty on your ad and the obvious used until recently, work truck condition, everyone knows it is most likely 104,000 or close to it!

quote:Originally posted by JDP

I screwed up on my T cab listing, he says:
        "the odometer shows 16,000 miles", a truthful statement. I should have said "The odometer shows 4000 miles" on our truck.
        StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich

Comment

The 58 Silver Hawk that my mother bought new had that same interior, but...

it had a brown rubber floor mat, not carpet!

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Leonard, when I enlarge that rear seat view, it appears to have depressions where the little "stone shaped" lighter color areas are!
            It is also weird that some areas look like the colors are reversed!

Not how I remembered it!

And weren't those spots more dog bone shaped, not roundish? [?]

Either way, it is either a correct replacement or very close to it, it doesn't LOOK original! If it had been in a vacuum filled time capsule temp. & humidity controlled, don't you think he would say so?

quote:Originally posted by lstude

The 58 Silver Hawk that my mother bought new had that same interior
            This car is obviously re-painted in the correct Canyon Coppertone and I think it was called Doeskin (flesh color to match the interior) certainly NOT White!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich

Comment

Here is the sample from the 58 Color & Fabric book.

This is a picture (very poor) of the interior of our 58 Sliver Hawk.

I loved that car, but I hated the upholstery. Studebaker did so much better in 59-61.

Leonard Shepherd
              http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Working...
              X