long awaited pictures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long awaited pictures...

I have promised for months to post pictures as soon as I learned how... and I never learned. Thanks to my daughter in law I have a few pics to look at of my 53 coupe. Photobucket pictures are coming soon of both the coupe and the 53 sedan.

Tex in Alabama
    53C coupe
    53 sedan

Tex E. Grier

Cool.

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Cool.

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

cool[8D]

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Tex, it looks like you are having a lot of fun.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I am, I am. At 63, I am making my bucket list early, so I can get a head start. not waiting til I get the bad news. I will have some progress pictures and the 53 4 door on soon.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Congrats, Tex. You're on the way with a good start. You can tell how long a man's been in the "wrenchin'" world by lookin' at his tools and/or equipment. Just a bit of trivia....anyone know what Tex's jackstands under his 53' evolved from...[?][?] Again, congrats on your projects.

Dan Miller
                Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ROADRACELARK

Congrats, Tex. You're on the way with a good start. You can tell how long a man's been in the "wrenchin'" world by lookin' at his tools and/or equipment. Just a bit of trivia....anyone know what Tex's jackstands under his 53' evolved from...[?][?] Again, congrats on your projects.

Dan Miller
                  Atlanta, GA

They look like like 48 back Ford rear axle tubes.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
                  Lewisville,NC
                  1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
                  Lewisville,NC

Comment

Way to go Ken...You hit the nail with your head. From the old "banjo" style Ford axle used from the 30's through the 40's. Hope to see you in Bristol.

Dan Miller
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

Ken,
                      If you log in to Photobucket, select "Account Options" and go to "Albumn Settings", you can make your albumn public. Then you can post the URL for a specific albumn and we can see the whole thing.
                      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10,
                      '51 Commander Starlight,
                      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
                      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

tex,

what's with the one wheel in that pic that appears to be really wide with a 53-55 dog dish on it? Is that a stock wheel for something or did you have a Stude center welded into a wider rim?

nate

--
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                        --
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

For now the coupe has a s-10 rear end. The wheel is a 8" corvette.
                          I cut slots to use the stude hubcap clips. If all the measurements are right the rear can be lowered 2" and the tire pictured will stuff under the fender====I hope

Tex E. Grier

Comment

I am going to make one more attempt to connet everyone to my photobucket. If this fails, I will wait for help. flashback53

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Working...
                            X