Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My, what happened here???

I wonder what happened here?

Looks like this baby had a rough life....

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

The driver was a teenage boy. He was out for a nice, casual drive one evening, and happened to see a pretty girl his age walking by.

I think you can figure out the rest. [)]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The driver was a teenage boy. He was out for a nice, casual drive one evening, and happened to see a pretty girl his age walking by.

I think you can figure out the rest. [)]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Maybe he tried to weld up some holes?????

Comment

Maybe he tried to weld up some holes?????

Comment

He was just remodeling

Mabel 1949 Champion
            1957 Silverhawk
            1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            1955 President State
            Fresno,Ca
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

Oh this one?
              Code:
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1963-Studebaker-Avanti-project-car-rat-rod-street-rod_W0QQitemZ280238948932QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280238948932&
              The rest appears solid, other than that front clip. I looked at the pics and something didn't add up, like it had been hit and/or was sitting next to something burning. I then read it had an engine bay electrical bay fire, which put all the pieces together in the back of my mind of the condition of the front of the car. He's got NOS pieces to fix the high priority areas. I don't know his situation, but let that serve as a reminder to the rest of you thinking its great to use the original wiring that came with your project that came out of the weeds.

[img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201950%202r5%20Studebaker%20Pickup%20with%20turbocharger/P1000137-1.jpg[/img=left][img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
              1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
              1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
              1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
              1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

It dont have to be in the weeds to go bad.

This happened in the garage!got out closed the door. Poof inside of car turned to smoke.Next 30sec. were exciting.open trunk to un plug Battery.Then two more weeks replacing burnt wires.

Comment

Good point Karl. I was referring more using the wiring from the vehicle that had been left in the Back 40 and that had been left for the elements for years, that the factory had originally put in that the insulation just crumbles when you pick it up. That's a real dice roll there. I should also bring up the ever popular lack of a battery hold down and checking your electrical connections. I may be preaching to the choir, but this can also be the result of not having a battery hold down or a well secured battery, as well as shorting a circuit. I've been guilty of the latter situation myself with shorting circuits, and not just in the automotive sect(no fires, though thanking the good Dude). I love working with assembling the tiny electronic circuits, computers, model trains, and a radio or two, and on more than one occasion I get a dud with a short that must be troubleshooted if it is to be properly used. As we have seen, in more than a majority of the cases, particularly with a crucial circuit, if its not fixed, well, almost anything can happen .....
                  1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Someone hit the BIN of $2950 and it is gone.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Working...
                    X