Mabel 1949 Champion
      Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      The Prez 1955 President State
      Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
      Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
      Fresno,Ca

Comment

Thanks the Stude in the back ground was my father inlaws I drove it back in 1965 when I was 15 years old and was last licensed in 1980. My brother in law started to work on it and put a 72 chevy frame and suspension under it. I would of kept it stock, but I had no say in it at the time. It is now my son's but you can see who has the honor of having it in who's garage. I have the tools to do the work welder ect.

Comment

Thanks the Stude in the back ground was my father inlaws I drove it back in 1965 when I was 15 years old and was last licensed in 1980. My brother in law started to work on it and put a 72 chevy frame and suspension under it. I would of kept it stock, but I had no say in it at the time. It is now my son's but you can see who has the honor of having it in who's garage. I have the tools to do the work welder ect.

Comment

Youhave my serial number by hap and chance do you have any history on my truck you can share with me please????

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JunkYardDog

Youhave my serial number by hap and chance do you have any history on my truck you can share with me please????
              I only have that due to someone checking on it while it was listed on Craigslist. Being in Virginia, I can't provide any insight on its past history.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Best bet is to contact the Studebaker National Museum and get the Production Order for your "Scotty".

http://www.studebakermuseum.org/styles.asp?cid=211

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar Deluxe
                Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                May 23-25, 2009?
                </h5>
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander
                Zone Coordinator
                Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Yes I already got the production order it was shipped to northern Idaho when it was new. I pretty much have a full history, but you never know what may be somehow over looked or unknow unless you ask.

nothing ventured, nothing gained :&gt "But Thank you"

Comment

is your truck 3E1-112 E1-981?

YEP, I'LL TRY TO POST SOME PIC'S SOON.
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hello, JunkYardDog; My name is Frank and I maintain the STUDEBAKER SCOTSMAN TRUCK REGISTRY. Your truck is now in the REGISTRY as the 13th 1958 accounted for. Thanks to Gary, I have the model and serial number, but would like to have the engine number,optional equipment, your name and state in order to have a complete listing. I do not post the residence or email addresses in the REGISTRY.

Let me do the numbers job on you!

Model 3E1-112

3E.....series of Studebaker trucks produced for the 1958 model year

1......indicates the lowest priced, 1/2 ton rated truck with a standard 170 cubic inch, flathead, side valve, six cylinder engine as standard equipment. This model was also called the 'Scotsman' model for its no-frills character in the economically depressed 1958 calendar year. The Scotsman was introduced for the 1958 model year.

112....refers to the wheelbase of the chassis of 112 inches measured from the center of the front wheel to the center of the rear wheel.
                    This size truck is also referred to as the 'shorty'.

Serial number- E1-981

E1....same as above

981...this number refers to the sequence in which this model truck came off the assembly line. The first 1958 Scotsman truck was serial number E1-101 and the last one built this model year was E1-1032. Actual production for 1958 was 931 Scotsman trucks. Your truck was the 51st from the end.

Thanks for confirming your data. If you or anyone else would like an updated copy for the REGISTER via e-mail, contact me at M16-52@comcast.net. Best wishes,

Frank Drumheller
                    Louisa, VA
                    60S-W6
                    '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer fire truck

Comment

One of 931, and one close to the end of the 1958 model run,
                      A true gem.

Frank comes through again.

Chop Stu
                      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X