Leave a comment:

• Transtar60
    replied
    Thanks for the clarification Jerry!
    Now, how do we order one?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    quote:Originally posted by Transtar60

Nate he referred to the Chevy pattern including the TKO 500 , that would be a early Stude T-10.
    The Bell Housing will work with all chevrolet bolt patters muncie 4 speed, saginaw 4 speed most likely 3speed, the saginaw 4 speed with
    overdrive etc. it will not take the 61 thu late 62 studebaker bw t10
    but will work with the shorter input shaft of chevrolet t10, super t10,
    the tk0 500 and 600 5 speed for chevrolet

It is made to take the standard chevrolet input shaft but is made for
    the studebaker motor

thanks

jerry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    quote:Originally posted by Transtar60

Nate he referred to the Chevy pattern including the TKO 500 , that would be a early Stude T-10.
    The Bell Housing will work with all chevrolet bolt patters muncie 4 speed, saginaw 4 speed most likely 3speed, the saginaw 4 speed with
    overdrive etc. it will not take the 61 thu late 62 studebaker bw t10
    but will work with the shorter input shaft of chevrolet t10, super t10,
    the tk0 500 and 600 5 speed for chevrolet

It is made to take the standard chevrolet input shaft but is made for
    the studebaker motor

thanks

jerry

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    OK, I just couldn't remember which pattern was which. So I guess the typical Stude used a "Ford" pattern trans.

Idea... would it be possible to drill this hypothetical new trans for *both* patterns? AFAIK the hole that the transmission centers itself in is the same, is it not? and if it is going to be similar to other aftermarket bellhousings (Lakewood, etc.) that I've seen, it probably has a large, flat area to mate to the trans, making this very non-problematic.

Reason I ask is, were this product available *right now* I would probably buy one as I am just at the point in putting my car together where this would be useful (am going to be modding a stock bellhousing for a diaphragm clutch soon) however I don't have the $$ to use a fancy trans at the moment and the "normal" pattern T10s are a lot easier to come by... and it would be nice to leave future trans options open.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    OK, I just couldn't remember which pattern was which. So I guess the typical Stude used a "Ford" pattern trans.

Idea... would it be possible to drill this hypothetical new trans for *both* patterns? AFAIK the hole that the transmission centers itself in is the same, is it not? and if it is going to be similar to other aftermarket bellhousings (Lakewood, etc.) that I've seen, it probably has a large, flat area to mate to the trans, making this very non-problematic.

Reason I ask is, were this product available *right now* I would probably buy one as I am just at the point in putting my car together where this would be useful (am going to be modding a stock bellhousing for a diaphragm clutch soon) however I don't have the $$ to use a fancy trans at the moment and the "normal" pattern T10s are a lot easier to come by... and it would be nice to leave future trans options open.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop

Leave a comment:

• Transtar60
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Transtar60
    replied

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    I might be interested... which bolt pattern is which? i.e. are we talking about the "early" 4-speed or a typical Stude stickshift trans?

thanks,

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    I might be interested... which bolt pattern is which? i.e. are we talking about the "early" 4-speed or a typical Stude stickshift trans?

thanks,

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    Absolutly....also very interested.
    Please explain more.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    Absolutly....also very interested.
    Please explain more.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    I'm interested, need more info- cost would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    I'm interested, need more info- cost would be nice.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas63R2
    replied
    Sure, I'm interested. Email me at tc-is@usa.net or post more info in the forum.

Thomas

New Stude guy! Long time hot rodder
    '63 Avanti R2 4 speed with interesting plans

Leave a comment:

Working...
X