No announcement yet.

SFI Certified Bell Housing (blow proof)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume that if this will mount a TKO with a Chevy bolt pattern it will also mount a T5.
    Will a hydraulic throwout bearing be required for all installations or could a conventional fork and bearing (GM) be used? I ask because several people have told me that the hydraulic bearings have problems with leaks.
    You can add me to the interested list.

Neal

Comment

Please add Sonny to the list too!

Sonny
      http://RacingStudebakers.com
      Sonny

Comment

Please add Sonny to the list too!

Sonny
        Sonny

Comment

I'd be interested in one.
          This any different than the McLeod unit that was tossed around earlier this year?
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'd be interested in one.
            This any different than the McLeod unit that was tossed around earlier this year?
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I believe so Jeffy, this one according to the 3D drawing sent out by Jerry I is a casting as opposed to McCleods stamped steel design.

I hope Red is enjoying his retirement.

5E13
              7E7
              8E7
              8E12
              8E28
              4E2
              59 Lark
              etc

Comment

I believe so Jeffy, this one according to the 3D drawing sent out by Jerry I is a casting as opposed to McCleods stamped steel design.

I hope Red is enjoying his retirement.

5E13
                7E7
                8E7
                8E12
                8E28
                4E2
                59 Lark
                etc

Comment

Hello Everyone

The Bell Housing mated to a R1 289 within approximately .007 of center without additional work.

The Bell Housing is parallel within approximately .002 front to back.
                  The hydraulic throw-out bearing fits great.

The Bell Housing is made to work also with a standard Chevrolet fork.
                  Chevrolet has been using a hydraulic throw-out bearing since the late 80 along with Ford and others.

They work great and last a long time.
                  One of my associates just replaced one in a 1995 Ford truck after 150,000 miles.

This, however, does not mean you can not get a bad one. But it is far better than the stock Studebaker linkage in my opinion.

There will be a Bell Housing and throw-out bearing at the national
                  meet in Nebraska.

They can also take orders.

The bottom mounting holes are on the Bell Housing.

The Bell Housing is not a casting. In my opinion this Bell Housing looks far better than a Lakewood. This Bell Housing is made specially for the Studebaker motor.

It is my belief that the stock Studebaker linkage will not work with a TK0 500 unless modified.

I have put many hours into this Bell Housing. It is also the best Bell Housing that ever was mounted to a Studebaker 259-289 motor.

I sent a PDF drawing to all who had e-mailed me. If you did not get it, maybe some of the ones that did can forward it to you or comment on it. If not e-mail me requesting it and when I have time I will send it to you.

Thanks
                  JWI

Comment

Hello Everyone

The Bell Housing mated to a R1 289 within approximately .007 of center without additional work.

Chevrolet has been using a hydraulic throw-out bearing since the late 80 along with Ford and others.

One of my associates just replaced one in a 1995 Ford truck after 150,000 miles.

This, however, does not mean you can not get a bad one. But it is far better than the stock Studebaker linkage in my opinion.

meet in Nebraska.

The Bell Housing is not a casting. In my opinion this Bell Housing looks far better than a Lakewood. This Bell Housing is made specially for the Studebaker motor.

It is my belief that the stock Studebaker linkage will not work with a TK0 500 unless modified.

I have put many hours into this Bell Housing. It is also the best Bell Housing that ever was mounted to a Studebaker 259-289 motor.

I sent a PDF drawing to all who had e-mailed me. If you did not get it, maybe some of the ones that did can forward it to you or comment on it. If not e-mail me requesting it and when I have time I will send it to you.

Thanks
                    JWI

Comment

Hi Again

I Left out so comments.

Many stock Studebaker Bell Housing when properly cleaned show cracks.
                      I blew a pressure plate in a C modified Chevrolet. This class of drag racing was about 10 pounds per cubic inch. It was at about 8800 RPMs some 30 years ago and I know the damage it can cause even at 3000 RPMs.

Many are also warped (not parallel or flat).

Thanks
                      JWI

Comment

Hi Again

I Left out so comments.

Many stock Studebaker Bell Housing when properly cleaned show cracks.
                        I blew a pressure plate in a C modified Chevrolet. This class of drag racing was about 10 pounds per cubic inch. It was at about 8800 RPMs some 30 years ago and I know the damage it can cause even at 3000 RPMs.

Many are also warped (not parallel or flat).

Thanks
                        JWI

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jwi

Hello Everyone

meet in Nebraska.

Thanks
                          JWI
                          Thanks for the update and further clarification Jerry,
                          When will you have ordering/pricing details available for us not attending the IM
                          ?

5E13
                          7E7
                          8E7
                          8E12
                          8E28
                          4E2
                          59 Lark
                          etc

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jwi

Hello Everyone

meet in Nebraska.

Thanks
                            JWI
                            Thanks for the update and further clarification Jerry,
                            When will you have ordering/pricing details available for us not attending the IM
                            ?

5E13
                            7E7
                            8E7
                            8E12
                            8E28
                            4E2
                            59 Lark
                            etc

Comment

Jerry,

Thanks for the update and info.
                              Sounds like a great product.
                              I second Transtar's request for pricing/ordering info since I will not be able to attend this IM.

Neal

Comment

Jerry,

Thanks for the update and info.
                                Sounds like a great product.
                                I second Transtar's request for pricing/ordering info since I will not be able to attend this IM.

Neal

Comment

Working...
                                X