Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hello Everyone

The Bell Housing mated to a R1 289 within approximately .007 of center without additional work.

The Bell Housing is parallel within approximately .002 front to back.
    The hydraulic throw-out bearing fits great.

The Bell Housing is made to work also with a standard Chevrolet fork.
    Chevrolet has been using a hydraulic throw-out bearing since the late 80 along with Ford and others.

They work great and last a long time.
    One of my associates just replaced one in a 1995 Ford truck after 150,000 miles.

This, however, does not mean you can not get a bad one. But it is far better than the stock Studebaker linkage in my opinion.

There will be a Bell Housing and throw-out bearing at the national
    meet in Nebraska.

They can also take orders.

The bottom mounting holes are on the Bell Housing.

The Bell Housing is not a casting. In my opinion this Bell Housing looks far better than a Lakewood. This Bell Housing is made specially for the Studebaker motor.

It is my belief that the stock Studebaker linkage will not work with a TK0 500 unless modified.

I have put many hours into this Bell Housing. It is also the best Bell Housing that ever was mounted to a Studebaker 259-289 motor.

I sent a PDF drawing to all who had e-mailed me. If you did not get it, maybe some of the ones that did can forward it to you or comment on it. If not e-mail me requesting it and when I have time I will send it to you.

Thanks
    JWI

Leave a comment:

• Transtar60
    replied
    I believe so Jeffy, this one according to the 3D drawing sent out by Jerry I is a casting as opposed to McCleods stamped steel design.

I hope Red is enjoying his retirement.

5E13
    7E7
    8E7
    8E12
    8E28
    4E2
    59 Lark
    etc

Leave a comment:

• Transtar60
    replied
    I believe so Jeffy, this one according to the 3D drawing sent out by Jerry I is a casting as opposed to McCleods stamped steel design.

I hope Red is enjoying his retirement.

5E13
    7E7
    8E7
    8E12
    8E28
    4E2
    59 Lark
    etc

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I'd be interested in one.
    This any different than the McLeod unit that was tossed around earlier this year?

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I'd be interested in one.
    This any different than the McLeod unit that was tossed around earlier this year?

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    Please add Sonny to the list too!

Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    Please add Sonny to the list too!

Sonny
    http://RacingStudebakers.com

Leave a comment:

• Neal IN
    replied
    I assume that if this will mount a TKO with a Chevy bolt pattern it will also mount a T5.
    Will a hydraulic throwout bearing be required for all installations or could a conventional fork and bearing (GM) be used? I ask because several people have told me that the hydraulic bearings have problems with leaks.
    You can add me to the interested list.

Neal

Leave a comment:

• Neal IN
    replied
    I assume that if this will mount a TKO with a Chevy bolt pattern it will also mount a T5.
    Will a hydraulic throwout bearing be required for all installations or could a conventional fork and bearing (GM) be used? I ask because several people have told me that the hydraulic bearings have problems with leaks.
    You can add me to the interested list.

Neal

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by jwi

quote:Originally posted by Transtar60

Thanks for the clarification Jerry!
    Now, how do we order one?
    Send me an e-mail to jerry@imcoinc.net i will add you to the list i will show pricing soon it will not cost you until you know the price then if you still want it i will ship it to you at that time i am running 30 of the bell housings now

we also have a new gear reduction high torque starter that will work with the new bell housing as well as the stock bell housing we are also in the process of making the starter for the stock studebaker automatic transmission and will list it when it is completed

i may have fairborn studebaker sell them also but phil and i do not yet have the details worked out completely i will post this if it occurs i will have photos on a website and at that i will list the link to it

the price will be very realistic

Thanks
    Jerry
    Great items, Jerry! Thanks for taking the chance on "inventing" and producing them. Best of luck to you in this venture.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by jwi

Send me an e-mail to jerry@imcoinc.net i will add you to the list i will show pricing soon it will not cost you until you know the price then if you still want it i will ship it to you at that time i am running 30 of the bell housings now

we also have a new gear reduction high torque starter that will work with the new bell housing as well as the stock bell housing we are also in the process of making the starter for the stock studebaker automatic transmission and will list it when it is completed

i may have fairborn studebaker sell them also but phil and i do not yet have the details worked out completely i will post this if it occurs i will have photos on a website and at that i will list the link to it

Thanks
    Jerry
    Great items, Jerry! Thanks for taking the chance on "inventing" and producing them. Best of luck to you in this venture.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks
    Jerry

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks
    Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    That is what I keep asking.

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    That is what I keep asking.

Leave a comment: