No announcement yet.

SFI Certified Bell Housing (blow proof)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nate he referred to the Chevy pattern including the TKO 500 , that would be a early Stude T-10.

Comment

Nate he referred to the Chevy pattern including the TKO 500 , that would be a early Stude T-10.

Comment

OK, I just couldn't remember which pattern was which. So I guess the typical Stude used a "Ford" pattern trans.

Idea... would it be possible to drill this hypothetical new trans for *both* patterns? AFAIK the hole that the transmission centers itself in is the same, is it not? and if it is going to be similar to other aftermarket bellhousings (Lakewood, etc.) that I've seen, it probably has a large, flat area to mate to the trans, making this very non-problematic.

Reason I ask is, were this product available *right now* I would probably buy one as I am just at the point in putting my car together where this would be useful (am going to be modding a stock bellhousing for a diaphragm clutch soon) however I don't have the $$ to use a fancy trans at the moment and the "normal" pattern T10s are a lot easier to come by... and it would be nice to leave future trans options open.

nate

--
        55 Commander Starlight
        62 Daytona hardtop
        http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
        --
        55 Commander Starlight
        http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

OK, I just couldn't remember which pattern was which. So I guess the typical Stude used a "Ford" pattern trans.

Idea... would it be possible to drill this hypothetical new trans for *both* patterns? AFAIK the hole that the transmission centers itself in is the same, is it not? and if it is going to be similar to other aftermarket bellhousings (Lakewood, etc.) that I've seen, it probably has a large, flat area to mate to the trans, making this very non-problematic.

Reason I ask is, were this product available *right now* I would probably buy one as I am just at the point in putting my car together where this would be useful (am going to be modding a stock bellhousing for a diaphragm clutch soon) however I don't have the $$ to use a fancy trans at the moment and the "normal" pattern T10s are a lot easier to come by... and it would be nice to leave future trans options open.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          62 Daytona hardtop
          http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar60

The Bell Housing will work with all chevrolet bolt patters muncie 4 speed, saginaw 4 speed most likely 3speed, the saginaw 4 speed with
            overdrive etc. it will not take the 61 thu late 62 studebaker bw t10
            but will work with the shorter input shaft of chevrolet t10, super t10,
            the tk0 500 and 600 5 speed for chevrolet

It is made to take the standard chevrolet input shaft but is made for
            the studebaker motor

thanks

jerry

Comment

The Bell Housing will work with all chevrolet bolt patters muncie 4 speed, saginaw 4 speed most likely 3speed, the saginaw 4 speed with
              overdrive etc. it will not take the 61 thu late 62 studebaker bw t10
              but will work with the shorter input shaft of chevrolet t10, super t10,
              the tk0 500 and 600 5 speed for chevrolet

It is made to take the standard chevrolet input shaft but is made for
              the studebaker motor

thanks

jerry

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Jerry!
                Now, how do we order one?

Comment

Comment

That is what I keep asking.

Comment

That is what I keep asking.

Comment

Send me an e-mail to jerry@imcoinc.net i will add you to the list i will show pricing soon it will not cost you until you know the price then if you still want it i will ship it to you at that time i am running 30 of the bell housings now

we also have a new gear reduction high torque starter that will work with the new bell housing as well as the stock bell housing we are also in the process of making the starter for the stock studebaker automatic transmission and will list it when it is completed

i may have fairborn studebaker sell them also but phil and i do not yet have the details worked out completely i will post this if it occurs i will have photos on a website and at that i will list the link to it

the price will be very realistic

Thanks
                        Jerry

Comment

Send me an e-mail to jerry@imcoinc.net i will add you to the list i will show pricing soon it will not cost you until you know the price then if you still want it i will ship it to you at that time i am running 30 of the bell housings now

we also have a new gear reduction high torque starter that will work with the new bell housing as well as the stock bell housing we are also in the process of making the starter for the stock studebaker automatic transmission and will list it when it is completed

i may have fairborn studebaker sell them also but phil and i do not yet have the details worked out completely i will post this if it occurs i will have photos on a website and at that i will list the link to it

Thanks
                          Jerry

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jwi

Thanks
                            Jerry
                            Great items, Jerry! Thanks for taking the chance on "inventing" and producing them. Best of luck to you in this venture.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jwi

Thanks
                              Jerry
                              Great items, Jerry! Thanks for taking the chance on "inventing" and producing them. Best of luck to you in this venture.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

I assume that if this will mount a TKO with a Chevy bolt pattern it will also mount a T5.
                                Will a hydraulic throwout bearing be required for all installations or could a conventional fork and bearing (GM) be used? I ask because several people have told me that the hydraulic bearings have problems with leaks.
                                You can add me to the interested list.

Neal

Comment

Working...
                                X