My new 64 Wagonaire survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP, here's a plan for you.

Buy Sal's wagon, and the next time you're in Georgia, stop by and we'll hook you up with a set of Daytona trim. (From an Astra White Wagonaire, no less. )

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

BP, here's a plan for you.

Buy Sal's wagon, and the next time you're in Georgia, stop by and we'll hook you up with a set of Daytona trim. (From an Astra White Wagonaire, no less. )

Matthew Burnette
      Nope, but I appreciate the thought, Matthew.

Studebaker production records are so clear for these later-model cars that I want to be able to document all my '64 Daytonas having originally been Astra White, and manufactured as Daytonas.

All of us have oddities as hobbyists, and one of mine is color changes. I just don't like 'em, but I realize that's a personal preference and nothing I'd go on the pulpit to preach [as I do [u]NO</u> P205 or larger radials on 4 1/2" wheels, for example]. I'd never tell anyone they shouldn't change a car's color, unless they ask for advice on how to best preserve a car's value for later sale as a specific, authentically-restored car.

Meanwhile, I sure can't blame brake guru friend Jim Turner for changing the color of his 1964 convertible from its original Horizon Green. There's got to be a reason why only nine (9) 1964 South-Bend convertibles were Horizon Green; the lowest production number of any 1964 color on convertibles. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
        There's got to be a reason why only nine (9) 1964 South-Bend convertibles were Horizon Green; the lowest production number of any 1964 color on convertibles. BP
        I thought the lowest production number was the one-only '64 convertible that was factory ordered in Avanti Gray...

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
          There's got to be a reason why only nine (9) 1964 South-Bend convertibles were Horizon Green; the lowest production number of any 1964 color on convertibles. BP
          I thought the lowest production number was the one-only '64 convertible that was factory ordered in Avanti Gray...

Craig
          That is correct, Craig.

I should have clarified by stating "of the 1964 'Lark' standard production colors." BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Captain Billy

I

WP FOY, Ontario
            I have to admit I like the '64 Commanders best with the single headlights...[8D] wish they had made them that way in '65 as well.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island

Plan on attending the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
            May 23 & 24, 2009
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Here are a couple of interior pix of the Wagonaire. Sorry for the size, but photobucket won't let me resize for some reason.

sals54
              sals54

Comment

It was in pretty good shape but tired, the two most pressing finds were front floor pans and a new dash pad. I did it over last winter in my basement. As well as, transmission rebuild, A-arm bushings, weather stripping, headliner, wiring harness, axle bearings and seals, brakes, steering gear....you know the drill
                It is a V8 with 3 + OD and a 3:73 out back

This was the worst of it, the rest is a very solid Arizona car.

WP FOY, Ontario
                1964 Wagonaire Slider
                Bill Foy
                1000 Islands, Ontario
                1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

Wow, someone must have stored their wet newspapers on the passenger side floor...

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                  [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                  [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

thats some very nice metal work on the floor

Comment

Wonderful car, Sal. Great job on that floor. How about coming up here and helping me with mine? You can combine it with a fishing or hunting trip.

Just kidding. Great job on that floor though. I really like that blue interior too![:X]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Bob, I know I have plugged this one before, but it was an original Astra White '64 Wagonaire, Utah car, IIRC. It made the TW cover in 1982, before it got repainted beige. I've just done a mess of floor repairs, documented here. It's got a 259 with WCFB, and a Flightomatic, and a Simmons stainless dual exhaust with glass packs. Sounds sweet. Red vinyl interior. It needs plenty of work, but it's a solid car. The price would be VERY right; I'd like to see it go to a good home. There are quite a few good parts to go with, like a tailgate, etc. You could probably drive it home from my place; it's not like it's a total wreck, you know.

I can't think of anyone here I'd rather see taking this one over.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Hey, Bob, I have a tailgate you could use if you get Gord's wagon!

Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Ron, That was not my floor. I wish I could do sheet metal like that. Whoever did it, did a great job.

sals54
                            sals54

Comment

.........just FWIW, and a note of caution: just because a car came from the southwest originally and always lived there doesn't mean the w/seals weren't shot at a young, hot, dry age. Many a southwest car/truck floors are rotted through from rain and moisture over the years. Some very nice looking cars (pics) from that regin have had total floor replacements along the way.......

Comment

Cool car Sal. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X