Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia

Has anyone sold any parts or cars to Wayne Davey in Australia? He is inquiring about a car I have which would need to be shipped.
    Allen

I haven't but would welcome some comments from Australian GT Hawk owners and pictures to compare to my GT Hawk from London.

small part of Studebaker heaven in Central Kentucky

Comment

Good idea to make sure it is legit. There is curently no Davey listed in Australia in the new SDC roster. Of course not everyone belongs.

quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

Has anyone sold any parts or cars to Wayne Davey in Australia? He is inquiring about a car I have which would need to be shipped.
      Allen
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Just make sure you don't accept a check for the amount plus shipping, and don't agree to use the extra to pay for the shipping on your end. That is the typical scam for them to cash bogus checks which will end up not clearing your bank till its too late. They will still get the money and you'll be stuck holding the bag. This is the perfect time to use Paypal. That way you have an extra layer of protection and the amount you pay Paypal becomes insignificant compared to the peace of mind you gain. When I make ebay sales for international buyers, I insist that paypal is used. Just my 2 cents worth.

sals54
        sals54

Comment

I don't know of Wayne Davey, what state is he from as he may be listed in our national magazine "Stude News." As far as a cheque (check) goes, when I need a US$ cheque my bank gives me one by Citibank of New York so there are no worries re getting paid.

John Clements
          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
          Secretary Studebaker Car Club of SA (as of 3/19/08)
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Allen
            I personally have not heard of a Wayne Davey,and our listings have not been updated for a while to check with any certainty,that said it may not be anything to worry about.
            Lexmale43 I have a 62gt so if you have any queries or need photos I would be happy to help.
            pb

Comment

Rest assured, Wayne Davey is a long standing member of the Studebaker Car Club of Australia. He served on committee as secritary for several years and is totaly trust worthy. I ought to know, as I am the president of SCCA. Just started my 11th year at the helm. Dave Pink.

Dave Pink
              Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
              1925 ER Tourer
              1925 Panel Delivery
              1953 Champion Sedan

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
              http://www.studebakercarclub.net
              Dave Pink
              Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
              1925 ER Tourer
              1925 Panel Delivery
              1953 Champion Sedan
              1957 Golden Hawk
              1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
              http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

Hi Allen,
                I have known Wayne Davey and his father in law for about 25 years. Wayne has the rare privelage of owning his father in laws (Jim Wells) Australian assembled 62 GT Hawk which Jim bought new, and is a long time committed member of the Studebaker car club of Australia.

The fantastic news is that he is not from Somalia, so that means you will get paid if you close the sale.

Please be helpful to people that own and drive Studebakers in other parts of the world, where parts are perhaps not as plentiful as they are in the US

Regards
                Greg

Greg Diffen
                Australian Stude nut living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 Dutch delivered
                1937 Dicator sedan. Australian Body by TJ Richards
                1939 Packard Seven Passenger monster UK delivered
                1939 Commander Sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards
                1939 Commander Swiss Cabriolet by Lagenthal
                1961 Hawk
                1963 Daytona Hardtop
                1988 Avanti Convertible
                Greg Diffen

Editor Studebaker Owners Club UK magazine

Australian Stude guy living in Warwick, United Kingdom

1933 St Regis Brougham Model 56 delivered new in the Netherlands
                1937 Dictator sedan Australian Body by TJ Richards RHC
                1937 Packard Super 8 Limousine UK delivered RHC
                1939 Packard Super 8 Seven Passenger sedan monster UK delivered RHC
                1939 Commander Cabriolet by Lagenthal of Switzerland
                1963 Lark Daytona Hardtop
                1988 Avanti Convertible

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lexmale43

I haven't but would welcome some comments from Australian GT Hawk owners and pictures to compare to my GT Hawk from London.

Steven,Saw from your earlier postings that you have a '64 Hawk.We assembled both '62 & '63 GT Hawks here in Melbourne but only imported 5 RHC South Bend Hawks in the '64 model of which mine is one. If you want further information on that oil filter situation let me know.
                  I can certainly back Dave Pink's comments on Wayne Davey. In fact, had my Hawk as a wedding car for him some years ago.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                  MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                  MELBOURNE.

Comment

I was amazed by the pictures of some of the members cars on the Studebaker Drivers Club of Australia web site. A picture of a white lark with the hood up shows a brake booster mounted on the right fender for the RHC. Was this a factory part? I have always had a desire to go to Australia. Maye I will now that I know there are fellow Studebaker owners there.
                    Allen

Comment

Hi Greg

Just to let you know I have sold fuel pumps and a few other parts to those in Australia and in New Zealand and have always had fantastic results. Sending parts to Australia is like sending parts across the US. it is not a hassle at all.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

I have always had a desire to go to Australia. Maye I will now that I know there are fellow Studebaker owners there.
                        Allen
                        Be sure you have a return ticket - you might not come back...and as beautiful as the country is, the people are that much better.

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                        [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                        [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

Thanks for the picture. Much prettier condition than mine is in right now. Will you take and post some of the underhood shots for us to see. I would appreciate hearing about the oil filter and seeing related pics too. Steve

Steven,Saw from your earlier postings that you have a '64 Hawk.We assembled both '62 & '63 GT Hawks here in Melbourne but only imported 5 RHC South Bend Hawks in the '64 model of which mine is one. If you want further information on that oil filter situation let me know.
                          I can certainly back Dave Pink's comments on Wayne Davey. In fact, had my Hawk as a wedding car for him some years ago.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                          MELBOURNE.
                          [/quote]

Comment

Steve, I sent some advice for relocation of your oil filter by seperate email to you. Good luck with the project.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                            MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                            MELBOURNE.

Comment

satdoc,
                              It sounds as though you are getting enough testimonials on Wayne's character. I would not worry too much about it. Do the deal and trust in his good name. This many people would not stick their necks out for him if he was in the least bit untrustworthy. Good luck on the deal.

sals54
                              sals54

Comment

Working...
                              X