Missed the cruising show...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed the cruising show...

Friday night we had the main cruise night with hundreds of 30s -40s-50s-60s cars on the streets ... My son wanted us to take the '55 coupe to the cruising event. Well, evening started OK but then things went differently than planned. When coming out from the car wash area I almost managed to hit a police car with a flying wheelcover [:0]( I recently put 6x15 Mopar wheels on at front due to Turner disc conversion. It must have been an allergic reaction with the wheelcover)

Then after some 30 miles I lost the spark.. a wire broke in the distributor...) [B)][xx(]So we did not get to the main event... anyhow it felt good to take the car first time out after the long winter season. A lot is still on the list to be done in the coming weeks. And McCulloch supercharger is still in the garage as it took some time to get some missing parts shipped here.
    ( If you wonder why the T-bird type scoop is there... it is for the McCulloch to fit .. and the hood was badly cut before I got bought the car [:0]
    [8D] Just to entertain you to see me catch a wheelcover my son assisted in getting some videofootage put together.[:I]

http://hotrods.pp.fi/Studebaker%20%2...%20%202008.wmv

It it a pretty large file -- so you need a broadband.

And once the supercharger is there ( and the radio etc.)
    I may post some new pics / video.[:I]

Pekka

1955 President State Coupe

1961 Lark Regal VIII Convertible
    sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Engine sounds good Pekka.[] So were you able to correct the distributor problem on the road or did you have to be towed home?

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

i really enjoyed that! It sounds like a growling monster inside the parking garage!

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
      1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Engine sounds good Pekka.[] So were you able to correct the distributor problem on the road or did you have to be towed home?

Frank van Doorn
        1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
        1963 Daytona Conv
        1941 Champion R-2 Rod
        I had to call my friend with the tow truck... at first it looked like it would have been in the fuel pump but later at garage the real reason was found out. It is fixed now...

Pekka

1955 President State Coupe

1961 Lark Regal VIII Convertible
        sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Cool video. Enjoyed the music and the hub cap coming off. I have the same problem.

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Great video! I especially liked the round-about. We used to have one here before the Interstate was built. Always an exciting adventure going around it.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Working...
            X