Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOR SALE....................1947

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FOR SALE....................1947

    I have this car for sale on ebay.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MESE:IT&ih=013

    Brad
    Atchison Kansas

  • #2
    That car proves something to me: While there are some models I love, and some I'm not particularly looking for, the right car can really turn my head[] This one just rings my bell for some reason, even WITH the red hubcaps[)]

    Good luck with the sale.



    Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

    "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

    "With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"



    Comment


    • #3
      That little two door is cute in a strange sort of way. How is it for rust in the floors and fender corners? The pictures make it appear to have sat outside for a long time.


      1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      sigpic

      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

      Comment


      • #4
        Absolutely 100% perfect factory floors. Solid frame. Rear fenders at gravel guards have been repaired as they had rusted under the old rubber guards. There are bubbles on the front side cowl and fender. New Upholstery. Engine purrs. Overdrive is all there but needs wiring or something ?? Glass has fogging, cracks, and blems. Radio lights and does not work. wipers try but don't. New exhaust, and battery. Near new wide whites. Original patina look is very popular. Car would be easy to paint.
        quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

        That little two door is cute in a strange sort of way. How is it for rust in the floors and fender corners? The pictures make it appear to have sat outside for a long time.


        1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."

        Comment


        • #5
          what's the story with the pinstriping on the car, if you know it? Just seems odd to me that someone tried to give it a little bling but left the original Champion engine under the hood... does look like a neat solid little car.

          nate

          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

          Comment


          • #6
            I had a pinstriper stripe the car to look old.
            This type of car and look is becoming very popular in the street rodding world.
            This is a very affordable way for a family with children to enjoy a driveable Stude. Remember how we primered our $100. cars and called it good.
            Car is ready for a Chevy "350" or Buick V6 ???????
            quote:Originally posted by N8N

            what's the story with the pinstriping on the car, if you know it? Just seems odd to me that someone tried to give it a little bling but left the original Champion engine under the hood... does look like a neat solid little car.

            nate

            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bams50

              That car proves something to me: While there are some models I love, and some I'm not particularly looking for, the right car can really turn my head[] This one just rings my bell for some reason, even WITH the red hubcaps[)]
              [brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews

              I think what we have here is called a "Rat Rod"
              Fixed up and painted to look old.
              Possibly patch primer sprayed with a flat clear coat sprayed on it to hold the old look. I would guess there has been quite a lot of work put into this car to make it look this way.
              I'm sure Bradnree will tell me if I'm wrong.
              I've come to appreciate and enjoy this look myself.
              Sometimes I get tired of looking at all the shiny, better than factory finishes
              I'm going to run my Transtar this way for a time. Finish it out with the old look.
              This might not be everybodies cup of tea.
              Seems this look is more popular with the younger crowd.
              The older crowd likes to see the "nice and shiny."


              [img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
              ~Nitram~
              57 Transtar

              Comment


              • #8
                Actually, I thought how easy it would be to paint it[:I]



                Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

                "Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

                "With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"



                Comment


                • #9
                  1500 to 2000 wet sandpaper and lots of sanding with an air unit. I then air polished it with a good polish. The hood had surface rust and would not shine so it has a low sheen finish over the rust. Pop the chrome and stainless and it could be painted. The higher the price the fewer the buyers. It was not fixed up and painted to look this way. A rat usually has 98% rust as seen in Good Guys and NSRA magazines. No flat clear coat sprayed on it. I have shiny too but this is so much fun with no worry about that dreaded "touch". These cars have droves of people around them at the major shows accross the country. Just a retirement hobby for me and I have to keep it from becoming a full time job. I'm cleaning out our garage. Our '53 post shared ( as in tie ) best "Orphan" award today at a car show with a '55 post...BRAD
                  quote:Originally posted by Nitram

                  Originally posted by bams50

                  That car proves something to me: While there are some models I love, and some I'm not particularly looking for, the right car can really turn my head[] This one just rings my bell for some reason, even WITH the red hubcaps[)]
                  [brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews

                  I think what we have here is called a "Rat Rod"
                  Fixed up and painted to look old.
                  Possibly patch primer sprayed with a flat clear coat sprayed on it to hold the old look. I would guess there has been quite a lot of work put into this car to make it look this way.
                  I'm sure Bradnree will tell me if I'm wrong.
                  I've come to appreciate and enjoy this look myself.
                  Sometimes I get tired of looking at all the shiny, better than factory finishes
                  I'm going to run my Transtar this way for a time. Finish it out with the old look.
                  This might not be everybodies cup of tea.
                  Seems this look is more popular with the younger crowd.
                  The older crowd likes to see the "nice and shiny."


                  [img=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/158/360197307_8639ee4a46_m.jpg[/img=left]
                  ~Nitram~
                  57 Transtar

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Another classic example of why a good header will help in the future...
                    Think about six days, six weeks, and six months from now.
                    What will this thread header mean?
                    Not trying to be sarcastic....
                    But think about what is being presented to the forum, and the success of the results expected....
                    Jeff[8D]
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

                    Jeff


                    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain



                    Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      WE WAIT FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR A HEADER............BRAD
                      quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

                      Another classic example of why a good header will help in the future...
                      Think about six days, six weeks, and six months from now.
                      What will this thread header mean?
                      Not trying to be sarcastic....
                      But think about what is being presented to the forum, and the success of the results expected....
                      Jeff[8D]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Popular Pinstriped Patina and Paint. Rescue this car..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I like it. Let's see what else comes in............BRAD
                          quote:Originally posted by barnlark

                          Popular Pinstriped Patina and Paint. Rescue this car..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            "47 Champion for sale" would do. Then we could find it in a search later, but there is no way to make every header search friendly.

                            JDP/Maryland
                            JDP Maryland

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You are right. There is no perfect way.
                              There is no perfect fool proof ebay ad either---short, medium, long just as long as the item sells. I sold a '41 Ford truck last ( cleaning out our garage ) that my wife had had for a couple of years and the buyer complimented me on our brief ad and said he avoided long ads and many people do not like to read them if they are 1,000 words in a single paragraph............BRAD
                              quote:Originally posted by JDP

                              "47 Champion for sale" would do. Then we could find it in a search later, but there is no way to make every header search friendly.

                              JDP/Maryland

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X