studebaker yard in Royersford, Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker yard in Royersford, Pennsylvania

A co-worker spent some time in Royersford, Pennsylvania several years ago. he recalled a large "outdoor collection" of Studebakers.
    So far my searching had not located anything about if this yard still exists, let alone whether parts or cars are availabe.

Dan: That was probably Herm's Auto Sales, 601 2nd Avenue, Royersford, PA. Herm died, more than several years ago, and I believe they had an auction there and got rid of everything. I remember in his garage area, he had taken the large, rectangular Studebaker flouresent signs, removed one face of the sign and hung the other part in his garage for lights. I did not attend the auction so I don't know what happened to the lights, parts, cars, or building. Haven't been back down there in years.

toyman

Comment

Herm's Flying "A" Service, Herman Slaybaugh, Sr.

No doubt I still have some receipts for parts I bought from Herm.

His son, Herm, Jr, was a local policeman in State College, Pa many years ago. When Pennsylvania changed its inspection requirement for antiques, I scraped the sticker off my windshield and Herm was the first one to pull me over for no sticker. Now, thirty years later, I wish I had left that sticker where it was.

I think Junior is now the local code enforcement officer.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Herm Slaybaugh's yard was disassembled about 2-3 years ago and all was sold at auction. many local Studebaker people from the DelVal Chapt bought much of it as he was a long time member and would give you the shirt off his back if you'd except it.Mrs. Slaybaugh was the one who was involved in the sale.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
        X