• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '57 Clipper wagon Parts Car, Ebay

Hi
    Same fellowing offering the '57 President Classic I listed has:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-...m220238806979&

Also looks like a good parts car or maybe an ambitious project.
    Steve

Dang, I'd like to drag that one home just to have for parts[] Wonder if it'll sell...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

No blower stuff, and a back draft Stromberg. Engine sway maybe?

Someone should make a '57 Packard two door sedan. [)]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Engine sway maybe? Matthew Burnette
        What? The car has bad engine mounts?

StudeDave [8D]
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Awww... the poor thing has no tittle.[V] That said, it DOES have one of those $500 dollar Packard emblems in the tag lite housing![:0][][}]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Should be 'swap' Dave. [:I]

Biggs, between that emblem and the roof rack, it's well worth the price!

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

That said, it DOES have one of those $500 dollar Packard emblems in the tag lite housing! [:0] [] [}]
              quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Biggs, between that emblem and the roof rack, it's well worth the price!
              Matthew
              and the tail lights, grille, front bumper, trim, etc, etc, etc...

Lots of 'only on this model parts' there!!! [:0]

Now, if only it was a few 1000 miles to the West... [V]

StudeDave [8D]

StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Ain't it the truth, Dave! All the good deals are on the wrong coast!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I notice it does have a battery hold-down, too. (Although no battery.)

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                  www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I threw out a low-ball offer; seller wrote me back this AM and said no thanks, he's already turned down $650, and he'd take $700... gotta be worth that if one is not too far from it.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I threw out a low-ball offer; seller wrote me back this AM and said no thanks, he's already turned down $650, and he'd take $700... gotta be worth that if one is not too far from it.
                      It is about a 3 hour trip from me. With diesel at $4.75 a gallon and my rollback getting 8MPG, it will be a costly trip. I elected not to bid on a 2R6 pickup in the same area last week (sold on e-Bay for the opening bid of $99.00) because of the cost of getting it. We may see more cars crushed as fuel becomes more expensive and the cost of hauling becomes prohibitive.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
                      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Guido...
                        Figuring 3 hours @ 60 mph = 180 miles one-way X 2 for round trip = 360 miles.
                        Divide that by eight = 45 gallons @ $5.00 per gallon, that comes to $225.
                        It may not be worth it to you, but some of us will think that you can't buy many parts or fix much rust for $225.00. Of course, it depends upon the quality and price of the car being sold.

Hopefully, gas prices won't prevent a lot of guys from potentially saving money in the long run.
                        As I've said before...once a Stude is gone in pieces to China, it's never coming back.
                        The day decent projects are no longer available, this hobby (and club) will be in deep do-do.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:It is about a 3 hour trip from me. With diesel at $4.75 a gallon and my rollback getting 8MPH, it will be a costly trip. I elected not to bid on a 2R6 pickup in the same area last week (sold on e-Bay for the opening bid of $99.00) because of the cost of getting it. We may see more cars crushed as fuel becomes more expensive and the cost of hauling becomes prohibitive.
                          Lets see Decimal Dude, at 8 MPH, 3 hours you would only go 24 miles. That won't cost you much gas money! [}]

Leonard Shepherd
                          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude
                            Lets see Decimal Dude, at 8 MPH, 3 hours you would only go 24 miles. That won't cost you much gas money! [}]
                            That was with the horse drawn model. Post fixed.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

[blue][font=Arial]Guido...
                              Figuring 3 hours @ 60 mph = 180 miles one-way X 2 for round trip = 360 miles.
                              Divide that by eight = 45 gallons @ $5.00 per gallon, that comes to $225.
                              It may not be worth it to you, but some of us will think that you can't buy many parts or fix much rust for $225.00.
                              It is not only the cost, but what to do with it once it gets back here. I am trying to pare down my collection and this will just mean more parts that I will have to dispose of. However, I do agree there is some good stuff to be had.

Comment

Working...
                              X