Champ part no. needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ part no. needed

Can anyone help with a part no. for the rubber stops for the clutch and brake pedals. I can't find them in the parts catalogue. They slip over adjustment screws. Mine crumbled. Thanks, Robert.

Where are these "stops" you speak of? Is this an 8E or earlier?

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's a 64 8E. These are little bumpers that cap metal adjustment screws on the pedal arms. They deaden the sound when the pedals return to the at rest position.

Comment

You ought to be able to find something suitable at a GOOD hardware store.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Robert; those are 1552311 '64-'66 Lark Type hood bumpers at Studebaker Vendors for $1.50 ea.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I happened to be in a great local hardware store this morning. The rubber caps I had in mind did not avail themselves to me. Truth is tho, I didn't spend a whole lot of time lookin'. One thing I did discover (that might suffice and maybe even have other Stude uses) was something called a "Well Nut". They're made of rubber and come with a threaded brass nut molded into one end (the narrow end). Here's a link to a supplier's page on Well Nuts. It shows them having a range of thread sizes from 6-32 to 3/8X16. The ones in the hardware store ranged from a buck & change to two bucks & change.

http://estco.thomasnet.com/viewitems...easuresortid=0

Of course, Rich gave you a number and that's certainly best. I just thought that since I discovered these well nuts, I'd share them for other such applications. Heck, they might even be superior to the stock bumpers.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

Comment

Thanks guys. I will try the real parts. I did get some rubber sleeves at Lowes but they're paper thin. There's nothing like 45 year old rubber.

Comment

Working...
              X