Studebakers in Post Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers in Post Cards

I spent the day scanning my collection of post cards with Studebakers in them and posted them on Webshots. Here is the link:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563584927yPMbtK

This is just mainly my 53 and later collection. I may post the 52 and earlier at another time.

Here are just a few samples.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leonard, thanks--as usual, great photos! I'm partial to the Bordeaux Red '64 convertible near the front of the FBI Building. That thing had to be new or darn close to it! Looks like Paul Johnson's car! I also like seeing a 'lemon lime' Speedster in the showroom of Meehan Motors!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Comment

quote:Leonard, thanks--as usual, great photos! I'm partial to the Bordeaux Red '64 convertible near the front of the FBI Building. That thing had to be new or darn close to it! Looks like Paul Johnson's car! I also like seeing a 'lemon lime' Speedster in the showroom of Meehan Motors!

Bill Pressler
      I showed the Bordeaux Red '64 convertible post card to several people, and they think that since the flag was at half staff, it may have been taken right after Kennedy was killed. The card says that the building is the Senate Office Building.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude
        The card says that the building is the Senate Office Building.
        I think Leonard is right. This is a picture of the FBI building (but then again, the existing structure may have built since then).

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
        Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share all those with us, Leonard. I looked at all of them. Great stuff! Even saw a two tone Transtar. [^] I've even been to a few of those places! One of particular interest is the one from Holly Hill, FL with a '53 C body. That place isn't very big, and we've got a friend that lives there now that happens to own a C body.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Great cards and pictures once again, Leonard. I could sit and watch one of your slide shows for a week and probably not make a dent in half of what you have stashed away. Thanks for sharing. I spent the day wrenching, trying to adjust my new hood and cleaning the mess the body shop made of my once clean engine compartment. Pictures like those are inspiring for days like today, much appreciated.

Comment

quote:Thanks for taking the time to share all those with us, Leonard. I looked at all of them. Great stuff! Even saw a two tone Transtar. I've even been to a few of those places! One of particular interest is the one from Holly Hill, FL with a '53 C body. That place isn't very big, and we've got a friend that lives there now that happens to own a C body.

Matthew Burnette
              Is that motel in Holly Hill still there?

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I don't know of it is or not. I emailed the guy that lives there. Hopefully he'll respond.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thank you Leonard for such a wonderful gift. I can not believe such a huge collections of postcard showing a Studebaker just for luck.
                  How have you managed to assemble this collection?

Studebakerchile
                  http://www.tuerca.cl/studebakerchile/

Comment

Hi Leonard,
                    Thanks for scanning all of these postcards. They are fantastic. I've also been collecting postcards with Studebakers in for some years. I've been thinking about putting up a website with all of them, but the collection has been growing out of hands, so that might never happen.

Michael Bostedt
                    - 1953 Champion Starliner
                    - 1953 Commander Starlight

Michael's Studebaker Pics Page
                    http://hem.bredband.net/b284654/

Comment

Good observation on the flag at half-mast...I just thought the building looked like the building at the beginning of the old "The FBI" TV show, with Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.! Thanks for correcting me on that!

Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1

quote:Originally posted by lstude

quote:Leonard, thanks--as usual, great photos! I'm partial to the Bordeaux Red '64 convertible near the front of the FBI Building. That thing had to be new or darn close to it! Looks like Paul Johnson's car! I also like seeing a 'lemon lime' Speedster in the showroom of Meehan Motors!

Bill Pressler
                      I showed the Bordeaux Red '64 convertible post card to several people, and they think that since the flag was at half staff, it may have been taken right after Kennedy was killed. The card says that the building is the Senate Office Building.

Leonard Shepherd

Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Enjoyable, Leonard. Thanks. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well I just went out and about to look for the
                          motel in Holly Hill. There were many similar motels
                          along US1 and about half still exist as rent by
                          the week semi dives.Many have been converted to
                          other business use as well. I think that the one
                          in this picture is gone.
                          Bill H
                          Daytona Beach
                          SDC member since 1970
                          Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Thanks for lookin' Bill.

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Leonard,
                              I wanted to take the time to look at all 215 post cards before I wrote. Thank you for posting them. I have maybe 20 street scene post cards and none of mine where shown. There must have been hundreds more out there. I enjoyed the show and will bookmark the page. Thank you for taking the time to post all of them.

Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO
                              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                              Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                              X